Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Efrem, Goon 2, 27/05/2020, 2:30am gmt +8
Admin: Efrem

Server: Goon 2.

Date + time: 27/05/2020, 2:30am GMT + 8

Synopsis: Was doing my usual thing as the Head of Security during a wizard round. I was attempting to catch a particularly slippery wizard, who was polymorphing crew and fireballing areas. I was also dealing with a few rowdy crew at the time, like an engineer busting into the armory. I was randomly approached in the hallway by someone called Bryce Richter (a hard-mode traitor, as of the crew report) who said "face my killer queen" and promptly caused someone to spawn in front of me called "killer queen" and punch me, causing me to instantly gib. There was no rhyme or reason for this. No warning, nothing. Which I shouldn't expect, because I know they're regarded as an antagonist, but being so powerlessly crushed like that felt really shitty. I came into dead chat to find that a lot of other people had suffered the same fate, minding their own business and some even being gibbed 15 minutes into round start (or so they claimed). I understand it was supposed to be funny, but there was no humour in this for me because I don't even know where something like this came from. I don't get the reference. I didn't appreciate the round being cut short, especially because I was in the middle with dealing with a threat to the station, who went on to cause a bit of trouble on the shuttle later down the line. There are fun gimmicks and there are rough gimmicks. I get that. But randomly having something spawn in the hallway that isn't in the game and obtainable for normal traitors and instagib me with no ability to respond or interact with it left me pretty miffed.

Logs:
[Image: scVfQUW.png] 

I forgot to tag this as a complaint. Apologies.
You're right. I should have ramped things up a bit more for the people involved in the actual round conflict. People were complaining in dead chat about the round being boring and I wanted to do something spicy and took it too far too fast.

I jumped the gun a bit on you specifically because I jumped out of Bryce's body to punch someone and he then ran off, and when I asked deadchat where he was they told me he was "fronting with the HoS" on the bridge or something. When I jumped back to him he went "oh there you are" and ran back to you to threaten you some more and that was probably the part where I should have made a minimum power explosion to try to blow your arm off or something and told him you were too powerful. Sorry about that.

The other stuff earlier in the round was also me, relabeling hearts "sheer heart attack" and then turning them into bombs. I'll own up to that too.
Thank you for being understanding. I can see why you did it now, especially if dead chat had said the round was a bit boring for them. It really was only myself and Casty attempting to deal with the wizard and he was more inclined to run than fight, so I can see why it was so boring for other crew.

I'll try harder myself next time to try and get the crew more involved with what I'm doing so that they don't feel the round is so slow for them. Thank you again, Efrem.
I feel like this is partially my fault. I was Bryce, and was given that 'ability'. While I found it funny, I did feel kinda bad for just outright killing people. I didn't make it interesting at all, just blowing people up and taking their arms.

I do apologize for just killing you out of nowhere, even if it wasn't *technically* me that did it.

I think this is a somewhat recent trend in admin behavior, wherein potentially game-breaking, or game-ruining, shenanigans occur. While I definitely think that shenanigans are a vital part of the game, perhaps the admin team needs to discuss what is and is not fair and right during shenanigans.

Giving a random player a meme ability? Fine. Making that ability overpowered and able to one-shot the fucking HoS on command? Mmmm not so much. If it, like Efrem mentioned, was only powerful enough to blow off an arm or two, then that would be fine - a way to spice up a round if there were few antags left, or they were meming/being friendly.