daveb22's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Random (Amalia Bicknell for certain events and shifts)

BYOND username: daveb22

Discord username (if you are on our discord): daveb22#8825

Recommended by (if applicable): Emily/UrsulaMajor, Arby9011

Goon servers you play: RP, almost exclusively

Reason For Application:

Simply, I love helping and teaching people. I have introduced dozens of first shift people to the game through roleplay, and I help many, many more. I have wanted to be a mentor for some time now as an afterthought, but I will continue helping no matter what, because the core of this game and the population base staying healthy is important to me.

I recognize that I lack a lot of the server-wide fame/infamy of others, because of my very generic username and my affinity for changing characters/names every shift. That was really always what I wanted, since I desired to fill out the Crew with faces that were unknown to help give flavor and intrigue to the mix. The only thing that I have that is persistent is my profile names and the flavor texts. Interestingly enough because of this and certain social behaviors and roleplay quirks I have still been noticed by many people.

I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong, or to ask others for their knowledge and opinions.

Experience:

I have played at least a couple hundred shifts, hundreds of hours, for 2.5 years, and taken notes left and right since Day 1. I still have those first paper notes floating around. Since then I have 56 notepad docs and my personal chemistry document is hundreds of lines, and they all include people’s custom thoughts and processes.

My first shifts were about being taught about the game and the various departments through roleplay. That left an absolutely huge impression that I hoped to leave on others, and I turned around immediately after that and started teaching others.

I can run any department, any job. I know a good handful of secrets, and it’s shocking to me how much I have forgotten across the board from the sheer amount of content there still is. I also have the advantage that I will play during low player population, as I have spent many shifts alone and seen the active population of the server wax and wane multiple times.

My crowning achievement so far was co-organizing a wonderful bday party where many players and some admins showed up and did what they could to contribute to the event back in December. In the future I want to run more gimmicks that affect the whole server so I’ve been giving that aspect of the game more thought.

I still have a lot to learn, but that drives me to teach even more, and it is an endless cycle at my current pace with the amount of game content and diversity in role choice. My Father taught me “you’ll never be smarter than others until you know what everyone else knows”. I am wise enough to realize the impossibility of achieving that status, but will still do my best to teach others and thus learn more personally. I think this is a worthy goal and is good for the server.

Thanks for all the support of those who will put in their word, to Emily for recognizing how much I am still trying to put into the game after all this time, and all my friends who encouraged me to go through with this ^_^

Thank you for your time,
Amalia Keagen Bicknell

Previous bans: None
Whenever I see daveb on they seem to be showing someone around and teaching people things its so sweet! Practically every time I see them play haha

They are such a humble and friendly person and have other people's enjoyment in mind when playng, they are fun to roleplay with :> They have this gimmick where they are usually in the background but when the spotlight's on them they do amazing things too! Not to mention they are pretty knowledgable in the game mechanics and like I said teach people all the time! I think they would make a great mentor, I'd defo vouch for them
Daveb is very helpful and nice, and they're a positive presence on the RP server. They'd be a good mentor!
A positive presence on the RP server. A great roleplayer, very knowledgeable, will hopefully make a great roleplay mentor if that's what they want to do. +1
+1 Yep.
Dave is always a lovely person to have on RP. He has taught numerous new people into RP and into the game itself. He should be given mentor so he can teach people more on the RP server! +1 from me
Great RPer and great teacher, I think he would be a great mentor either. +1 from me
+1 for me becouse tought me stuff that i still know and use... and was a good teacher i whoud say...
A person with a lot of knowledge and a vast skill tree. He would surely be a great addition to the RolePlay enviromment. He is always eager to help his fellow crewmembers and as of this I see him absolutely fit for the spot. + 1 with no doubts big grin
well this looks pretty positive overall
One thing I really like about daveb22 is their attitude. They have helped me before, and have always been nice and welcoming.