Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
change how quantum teleporter works
A lot of people have been saying they really want the numbers indicating distance to target. I think it might help; it could add a sort of mathematical or more precise way.

It seems to me a lot of the frustration comes from trying to approach the QT with triangulation, which is sort of how you'd do it with the old system. But it's not quite triangulation. You aren't looking for where the circumferences of the circles intersect, but rather the areas, like a Venn diagram. So with these in mind, I suggest:
-Turn the circles into a solid color, rather than blue with white outlines. I think this helps subtly clue in the fact you look at intersections of areas rather than outlines.
-Turn the intersections of circles into more contrasting colors. The current system is on the right track, where the intersections are lighter blues than the parts that aren't intersecting; it's sort of genius in a way, I think it might be adding alpha channel values or something. That said, sometimes it's a rather difficult to tell them apart, such as here. One could make the blues contrast more, or perhaps color the intersection white (or other color) once you have two cricles, with each additional circle making it smaller.

Messages In This Thread
RE: change how quantum teleporter works - by Studenterhue - 05-22-2020, 05:06 PM