Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post Organ Trauma and Surgery Debuff
So...  I just got out of the hospital after a week in for pancreatitis(apparently my pancreas has been being bad for the past month and just noped the fuck out one night).  I feel like I've been kicked in the damn stomach and will for days.  Even morphine didn't help.   I even gotta take insulin pills for a while.   Surgery recovery and organ healing doesn't really have any long term effects,  and it seems kinda weird at that. 

Let's give a for instance.  Pancreas gets to moderate, let the body have a lowered threshold for going into diabetic shock for a bit, maybe take a hit to the ole stamina bar.  If it gets to severe and comes back, make em need insulin to function for a while without blacking out, reduce stamina recovery.  Not for a punishing amount of time.  Five minutes, but it'd give medics a wider range of ways to treat people.   Give people insulin, consult them after on what to do for a bit to stay even.  

Maybe let them have some tools to help people recover more quickly.   I had like two IV's and constant shots going into me but was super grateful cause I could feel myself getting better.   If an organ nopes the fuck out there should for sure be some short term healing needed.

Increases the value of good med staff.
I feel you need to work on this idea a little bit more. It's quite difficult to cross examine it and picture how this would be implemented in game.

Keep in mind, IRL experiences shouldn't really reflect what's in game. This is the sort of game where you can replace all your blood with liquid spiders and survive for a period of time. 

That being said, I'd like to see sepsis be a thing if, for example, medium organ damage is left unchecked for period of time. We already have spaceacillin (i.e advanced antibiotics). Sepsis would be quite fast in it's increments, damaging the organ over time and if left to go to an advanced state, will become blood poisoning. Blood poisoning is very interesting as in this state, the sepsis would start to spread to other organs (and damaging them). 
This would be very fun to deal with as a doctor (not so much as a patient).

For that reason, there would be spaceacillin injections (already in game, but we could do with more) for minor sepsis, and a new spaceacillin IV drip for blood poisoning. 

Sepsis could also occur in the following scenarios:

1. Self surgery (minor chance, but still prevalent)
2. Unfinished surgery (patient is unstitched up)
3. Extreme blood loss (including during surgery! Make sure your patient is accounted for!)

In terms of post organ trauma, that I'm not too sure of. Robotics is already kind avoided as players don't want to be operated on. Debuffing it with post organ trauma would kill anyone going there. 

That said, you could tie in painkillers here where if your organs are minor damaged, you can eat some painkillers to ward off sepsis and stop further organ damage from occuring. I'm of the opinion that we gotta buff organ damage (as in it occuring a lil more regularly) for this to actually be beneficial.
(05-27-2020, 08:54 AM)Sundance Wrote: I feel you need to work on this idea a little bit more. It's quite difficult to cross examine it and picture how this would be implemented in game.

Keep in mind, IRL experiences shouldn't really reflect what's in game. This is the sort of game where you can replace all your blood with liquid spiders and survive for a period of time. 

That being said, I'd like to see sepsis be a thing if, for example, medium organ damage is left unchecked for period of time. We already have spaceacillin (i.e advanced antibiotics). Sepsis would be quite fast in it's increments, damaging the organ over time and if left to go to an advanced state, will become blood poisoning. Blood poisoning is very interesting as in this state, the sepsis would start to spread to other organs (and damaging them). 
This would be very fun to deal with as a doctor (not so much as a patient).

For that reason, there would be spaceacillin injections (already in game, but we could do with more) for minor sepsis, and a new spaceacillin IV drip for blood poisoning. 

Sepsis could also occur in the following scenarios:

1. Self surgery (minor chance, but still prevalent)
2. Unfinished surgery (patient is unstitched up)
3. Extreme blood loss (including during surgery! Make sure your patient is accounted for!)

In terms of post organ trauma, that I'm not too sure of. Robotics is already kind avoided as players don't want to be operated on. Debuffing it with post organ trauma would kill anyone going there. 

That said, you could tie in painkillers here where if your organs are minor damaged, you can eat some painkillers to ward off sepsis and stop further organ damage from occuring. I'm of the opinion that we gotta buff organ damage (as in it occuring a lil more regularly) for this to actually be beneficial.

Hell yeah dude, I like that idea, and I appreciate the criticism. I will indeed think on this for a couple days. I don't think it should be realistic, but just a flavor of realism like many things in the game. That sepsis idea is a rad one tho. I'm all about anything that gets more use out of the already implemented but rarely used chems in the game.