aft2001 [NEX-13/Bryce Richter]'s Mentor Application
Usual character names:
Human: Bryce Richter
Cyborg: NEXIE
AI: NEX-13

BYOND username:
aft2001

Discord username (if you are on our discord):
Nexusuxen#4220 (current nickname = Nexusuxen | Professional AI Main)

Recommended by (if applicable):
No recent, explicit recommendations (a few people telling me to apply, but no full on Recommendations)

Goon servers you play:
Primarily Goon2, very rarely Goon1 (Used to play SO MUCH goon1 when it still had respectable average playercounts)

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I believe there are 3 things which makes a mentor: Drive, Knowledge, and Personality. While I don't think that I'm perfect in all three of these, I do think I am worth consideration. So, here's a little self-analysis on each of these points.

Firstly, Drive - As someone who has seen plenty of new people join over my years of playing on Goon, I've had many chances and opportunities to help these players, as well as more experienced ones who just needed a little tidbit of help. And, in many of these times where I help teach a new game mechanic to someone or explain something, I've found it gratifying to know that I've made someone's experience with a game that I love better. Yes, this is sappy and admittedly cheesy, but it's my genuine experience.

Secondly, Knowledge - I've been playing for a few years now, and I believe I'm well-rounded enough to help answer many questions players may have, especially newer ones. However, my experience with the game is much more well-rounded and limited - A jack-of-all-trades, if you will. I'm honestly not certain as to the knowledge requirements of being a mentor, though I hope this is sufficient.

Finally, Personality - This is the hardest to introspect on, since it's naturally difficult not to think of oneself as a good person, biased against negativity towards yourself. But, I do realize that I'm at least decently mature - I don't think I remember the last time I've insulted someone out of frustration/anger, I don't really hold grudges, and I am very much so willing to learn from mistakes/improve at whatever I'm doing. I would say the worst thing personality wise is my impatience - that is, if I'm trying to do something (in this case, teach someone) and they're just not getting it, I find it all too easy to just give up. To an extent this is understandable, though I am not sure exactly how suitable my tolerance for this is for a mentor. Additionally, I occasionally have entitlement issues, though I'm not sure how relevant this is to being a mentor.

For the final point, I would genuinely love to hear some points on what people think of me. Additionally, I'd be happy to ask any and all questions regarding any of the earlier points.

To summarize:

I think that I am both driven and competent enough to be a decent mentor, whilst still being pleasant enough for players that interact with me to usually have had a good time, and not paint the community in a bad light with the status of a mentor.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): N/A
I've seen and played with Aft over the years and they're a good egg. Always appreciate them as AI, especially when I'm sec. I think they have the right attitude and would be a good and helpful mentor.
About time, too often have I seen aft around and wondered, "Huh, aren't they mentor!?" while they're a blue name.

WELL NO MORE!

Aft is a good peep, sure they're have been times that Bryce has kinda bugged me with their actions, but I think they're well past those times and would be a good fit for mentor to fill for AI related questions. +1
Aft is an awesome companion to have when they're on AI and you're a security officer, as mentioned by Flourish. They're very knowledgeable when it comes to station mechanics and I find myself relying on them often! I've never seen them behaving negatively in OOC and seem to be readily assisting people who need it. They would make a fine addition to the mentor team. +1.
A round with Aft in it is always a better round for it. They got a lot of wisdom to share ava really know their stuff. Seen then teaching borgs over :s chat. +1 from me
As a wise philosopher once said, hell yeah brother
+1
I've only recently been active enough recently in the right hours to encounter Aft, but rounds with them are always better. Their information they provide always helps in someway.
+1
always wondered why aft wasn't a mentor. one of my favorite ai players and def has the knowledge and personality for mentor. +1
Good player, good fit for the community, this is a no-brainer: +1
Aft is great - one of the best AIs to deal with. They also know what they're doing, which is handy. +1 for this good dude
A knowledgable player and one of the best AI around, the community is a more welcoming and friendly place with them around.
+1 from me
Every time I have played with Aft whether as NEX or anything else, they have never stopped being utterly enjoyable, pleasant and nice. Not to mention knowledgeable. Yes, of course they would be great for a mentor position.
+1, best ai.
Yes
yes, +1