Caroline's Mentor Application
Usual character name: Caroline Audibert
BYOND username: TTerc
Discord username (if you are on our discord): Gogorow#6187 / Caro over the Line
Recommended by (if applicable): Flourish ingame, Trustworthy over discord
Goon servers you play: Goon 2, I've been on RP a few times

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I started playing ss13 in late 2018. Judging from my medals I first visited goonstation in january 2019. Also judging from my medals I started playing regularly here around july-october 2019. Reason for that? Every time I tried goon I would end up confused and discouraged from playing due to how different this codebase is, compared to the majority of ss13 servers. So I kept hopping on from time to time, but I also kept maining tg based servers as their mechanics were easier for me to understand. Eventually tho, I grew tired of tg code and community. So I started looking for alternatives. And this is where my love for goonstation started to grow.

Since I became a little bit more experienced, I started feeling the need to help out the new folks so they learn how to play the game and how to enjoy the game. And I did it on multiple occasions by now. I've been teaching the ways of botany multiple times, including showing how you can become space drug dealer by selling weed to diner merchant, I've shown many people how to hellburn and throw monkeys into PTL, I've spent at least a few rounds explaining the basics of mining and matsci, I have spent a lot of time teaching various players the very basics (which is suprisingly more difficult and time consuming than teaching more advanced mechanics). I also tend to organize adventure zone expeditions sometimes, as I'm way more familiar with them than I was months ago. I think my favourite round was taking another player to Ainley without warning them what's gonna happen. It surely gave them a memorable experience.

All in all, I always did my best to pass my knowledge about the game to whoever asked for help so they wouldn't end up confused and discouraged from playing. Because I know personally, how discouraging it can be. This is pretty much the reason why I want to be a mentor. I want to help other players overcome that obstacle. And access to mentorship channel would just make that even easier for me. Because the problem with mentoring players while not being a mentor is: nobody expects any help from you. I tend to sometimes offer help to players who seem to be new when I'm not busy fooling around because they're easy to identify: no ID, random items in both hands, sometimes lack of clothes. We all used to be like that in the early days. And I can bet, most of us didn't expect much ingame help from experienced players, but also, a lot of us knew about F3 button and that we can always rely on mentors. And I want to be a part of that team, to be someone that people can count on. Also, mentor mouse is cute and will probably become my favourite ghost spawn role. Let's face it, who wouldn't want to be a little purple helpful mouse.

It's been a while since I started playing on goon, and since then I have learned how to play as pretty much every role and I have explored (more or less thoroughly) pretty much every game mechanic. I've been to all adventure zones,  I know how packets work, I know the ways of advanced botany, I hellburned up to ZW, I am a pretty decent doctor, I know how to do artifact research properly, I have spent some time playing with MechComp, I messed with fun chem mixes, I know how mining and matsci works... well, okay, I'm gonna stop now, there is no point in mentioning literally everything.

I admit, I have very little experience as security and silicons, although recently I started playing as secoff a bit more often. I also know very little about pathology besides the basics (not that it matters anymore now when it got removed). And I still keep discovering new things and learning new tricks despite months of playing on goon. But still, I think I am competent and knowledgeable enough to help the new folks learn to play and learn to enjoy the game.

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will): Judging from my medals page: none.
I've seen TTerc help out and teach new players the ropes plenty of times. They're friendly and knowledgeable, and I think they'd be a great mentor.
Caroline is a very kind and helpful person when I see them and I've definitely seen them help people, never been unpleasant or extremely rude in my experiences and I think they would do great as mentor.

+1
Caroline is a great person, always very helpful, and very knowledgeable. They've probably helped more new players learn the basics than I have, and I'm a mentor! A thousand +1s, textbook mentor material right here. Give them the purp already.
Yep. Caroline is someone I see around a lot and I haven't had any negative experiences with them. Quite the contrary, actually. They've very fun to play with and are always pleasant to interact with. +1.
Sweet caroline +1
They're active, they're helpful and theyre cool
All of my interactions with Caroline were positive. She is helpful, in particular, I remember her making sure I was able to get back to the station while I was learning how to use the teleporter and discovering adventure zones (and thus teaching me how the get files on the pda when she sent me the port a science). +1
Caroline is a good egg with a great attitude. Does a lot without seeking praise for it and is fun. Yeah
caroline is a name i always recognize as belonging to a helpful and good bean. +1
Knowledgeable and a very pleasant demeanor. +1
TTerc is a solid player who knows what they're doing. They're friendly and helpful! +1
+1, Caroline's always seemed like a friendly & helpful player to me
+1, really knowledgable in sci and taught me some telesci
yes