Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Move gang recruitment prompt?
Half the time I join a gang it's on accident when the flyer is shoved in my face while I'm typing.

The prompt that comes up in chat when you die for ghost stuff is really nice, maybe the gang recruitment prompt could be something similar?
I can remember this being suggested before, but it must have been forgotten about again.
I thought it was a good idea then and I think it's a good idea now too.

As a bit of a more fun experimental suggestion, maybe we could even allow the gang leader to design their own flyer using the writing system? With a [join] element added in somewhere to add a button to join the gang. (Which would be mandatory, of course.)
A couple weeks ago I switched the locations of the join/don't join buttons on the gang flyer popup. So now accidentally pressing enter will default to don't join. So that should hopefully cut down on the accidentally joining gangs.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you talk about the ghost notifications. The only difference there is that it plays a sound when you get the notification.
Regarding ghost notifications - I believe they mean the box in the chatlog area that appears when you die. I can see the merit in putting gang joining there; an actual popup can end up appearing on something else you are clicking and looks like any other popup at a glance, while the chatbox is rarely itself clicked.
(05-12-2020, 01:21 PM)zjdtmkhzt Wrote: I can remember this being suggested before, but it must have been forgotten about again.
I thought it was a good idea then and I think it's a good idea now too.

As a bit of a more fun experimental suggestion, maybe we could even allow the gang leader to design their own flyer using the writing system? With a [join] element added in somewhere to add a button to join the gang. (Which would be mandatory, of course.)

Creating an own recruitment flyer at the start of the round at the locker and then getting copies of those through the normal recruitment briefcase would be pretty slick.

I'd love to just grab some colorful crayons and create the fanciest flyer possible - while also stating my intentions to every potentially interested crewmember wanting to hang out in my gang.

If one leader so desires one could even publicly announce their HQ and make sure new recruits find their way to the base.