Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robotic limbs with different abilities
Good idea.

I always felt like robotics should be more geared towards utility than outright buff (stamina buffs just feel overused in terms of counterplay, should be limited to cyberheart) - I feel this general concept could be expanded into robotic organs, i.e: Instead of lungs enhancing stamina, has a slow recharge oxygen reservoir which could be toggled, or a stomach acidifier which allows you to throw up on players for a significant burn attack if enough food is eaten (setting them on fire/freezing them if you eat spicy/cold food!). That sorta stuff.

I don't like locking balance behind IDs, I feel that's a bit too cheesy. I also don't think we need another buff for EMAGS, although it might be fun to have a syndicate version of the utility arm which has a ... sharper option.
While the intention would be for the roboticist to seek approval from the MD, what would actually happen is they'd get ignored and heads/security would just end up hoarding the enhancements exclusively (i.e, the Captain/MD would just end up operating on themselves).

I think the pros and cons for the base limb would be just dandy as it is, it is balanced.

I like all your suggestions though! 
I sense problems from a security perspective regarding the utility arm/hammerfist. I.e: You arrest someone and they immediately bust out via wall/window, even if you balance it that it requires insulative gloves. 
Potential way of removing a robotic arm non-violently or without surgery, perhaps quite slowly via strip menu? As in, it requires surgery to install, but once installed it can be "unplugged" via strip, but easily plugged back in again by simply hitting yourself with it should it be retrieved. 
This could also pave way for a different version of your extendo arm - Rocket arm, with some fuel can be launched at a player for significant brute damage, at the cost of your own arm!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robotic limbs with different abilities - by Sundance - 05-12-2020, 03:16 AM