Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.43 Average
HoS players are chosen as Nuke Op Commander (if rolled)
I like this idea and the idea of selecting Nuke Commander as an option as well.
Bumping this thread with a suggestion:  Give mentors priority as well, although not as much priority as HoS whitelisted people.

Basically, what I'm thinking goes as such:

If no mentors or HoS whitelisted players are chosen as nukeops, then the commander role is given randomly.
If one mentor and no HoS whitelisted players are chosen as nukeops, then the commander role is given to the mentor and a message about the Syndicate sending in an experienced commander to lead this team is printed for all nukeops.
If multiple mentors and no HoS whitelisted players are chosen as nukeops, then the commander role is randomly given to one of the mentors, and the aforementioned message is printed.
If one HoS whitelisted player is chosen as a nukeop, then the commander role is given to them and a message about the Syndicate sending in a very experienced commander to lead the team is printed.
If multiple HoS whitelisted players are chosen as nukeops, then the commander role is randomly given to one of them, the very experienced message is printed, and when the nuclear bomb is inevitably destroyed the Price is Right losing sound plays.

There are more mentors than HoS whitelisted players, so it's more likely that a mentor will end up on the nukeops team in any given nukeops round, and with the recent population explosion nukeops really do need someone who is good at coordinating to prevent them from just immediately fluking out and potentially learning nothing.
I mean this makes sense but I don't think mentors and HoS should get priority for that. Maybe give mentors and HoSes a special title for their nuke ops name instead? Like Nuke Ops Informant or something. That way you know you can ask them for help.
(08-04-2020, 08:34 AM)KikiMofo Wrote: I mean this makes sense but I don't think mentors and HoS should get priority for that. Maybe give mentors and HoSes a special title for their nuke ops name instead? Like Nuke Ops Informant or something. That way you know you can ask them for help.

Or their status is shown for a vote on the leader.
Maybe have the ability to be nukeops commander tied to a medal that unlocks after surviving three succeessful nukeops rounds? Tho I like to go out in a blaze of glory as a nukie, trusting my fellow nukies to finish the job as I take like six to ten people with me... with lower numbers even I tend to survive so it gives a way to gauge someone who has had enough experience as a nukie to warrant it without tying it to a role many wouldn't want.
If I could be put as commander over any of the new or combat inexperienced players I normally see or get as a nukie in order to coordinate the team I would gladly do it. Most HoSes didn't apply just because or to powergame but rather to specifically provide a role of experience that is meant to lead and guide a team, and in my eyes nukies would be no different with this implemented.
Flab's suggestion is still the most elegant option here tbh. 

If you want it so it's a simple calculation of (X amount of Nuke op rounds played) + (if HoS player) = Weight of Commissioner selection ... Then by all means. 

I also think the Commissioner should spawn naturally with the bellowing gene, so they're a loud boi.  butt
Yeah flabs idea is the best. Also sundances idea of bellowing gene is funny and I approve though they wouldnt be very good at being stealthy if they wanted to be.
(08-04-2020, 12:54 PM)Sundance Wrote: Flab's suggestion is still the most elegant option here tbh. 

If you want it so it's a simple calculation of (X amount of Nuke op rounds played) + (if HoS player) = Weight of Commissioner selection ... Then by all means. 

I also think the Commissioner should spawn naturally with the bellowing gene, so they're a loud boi.  butt

This is exactly how I want this to happen