Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make Beepsky feared again
Not all securitrons.... just beepsky.  

Beepsky used to be the terror of antags.  Now, people destroy him for his baton and like... he is an annoyance at best.

One suggestion might be to give him the old school riot baton and faster hitting so you actually have to run from him instead of casually pace the room.

This baton would not drop upon his death. 

Beepsky is an institution and it's sad what happened to him.

Only Beepsky tho, keep the rest of sec drones how they are.
make it so if you hit beepsky he turns his baton into a csaber and fucking murders you
(05-03-2020, 06:22 PM)Dickles Wrote: Yeah, a heat system would be better than what I said. I don't really want to add micromanagement//make pod battles less frequent or hurt exploring, I'm really only thinking about blobs when I suggested this. Something that gives them a break at least.

(05-04-2020, 08:17 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: make it so if you hit beepsky he turns his baton into a csaber and fucking murders you

could make beepsky go into double emagged mode for that player
If you read his diary, he should instantly appears on you
Part of his weakness lies in how critters seem to work. They choose a place to go, path over to it, then after a while do their attack and hope their target is still in range. Kinda seems like way it works is that it queues up its attack, target, and place-to-go-to, puts in a delay to give it time to pathfind around, then execute the attack proc thing once that delay ends. Maybe to save on checks or something? At any rate, critter AI in general could use some robustening, either shortening that delay or including some checks-if-target-there as it moves.

...and then include that only on Beepsky.
(05-04-2020, 12:05 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Part of his weakness lies in how critters seem to work. They choose a place to go, path over to it, then after a while do their attack and hope their target is still in range. Kinda seems like way it works is that it queues up its attack, target, and place-to-go-to, puts in a delay to give it time to pathfind around, then execute the attack proc thing once that delay ends. Maybe to save on checks or something? At any rate, critter AI in general could use some robustening, either shortening that delay or including some checks-if-target-there as it moves.

...and then include that only on Beepsky.

In my experience most critters can attack the very instant they get into melee range, and only gaurdbuddies and securitrons have trouble hitting moving targets. It's pretty easy to see the difference in pathfinding between critters and robots: critters are constantly moving in a straight line towards you, while robots tend to check where you're currently standing, move there, pause, and repeat. Probably tied to how shitty the robot pathfinding system is in general.
I think Beepsky should have far more health as the station's biggest, baddest sec bot, being able to take him out in a couple of hits removes some of the cool from him. Also yes to the diary teleport.
Beepsky was ever feared?
(05-05-2020, 04:58 PM)GORE Wrote: Beepsky was ever feared?

Beepsky was a loose cannon who was the terror of anyone who had an item they shouldn't. He was coming for you, and there was a major chance you'd be getting cuffed. If you were a crimer, you didn't pass within one square of Beepsky. He was the most competent sec we had at times.
Why was he nerfed? Seems like pretty fun.
(05-06-2020, 11:13 AM)GORE Wrote: Why was he nerfed? Seems like pretty fun.

He was never intentionally nerfed, it was just bot pathfinding slowly breaking over time making him easier to avoid+stun batons being made 2-hit stuns instead of 1-hit making it so he no longer instantly downs you if you mess up.
Well...to be frank I never noticed any difference between Beepsky and the other securitrons...so - seeing them being attacked so often and probably Beepsky too,...

I'd argue at least buffing particularly Beepsky by perhaps adding said 1 hit stun back could be a fresh change.
Bots in general could really use a massive boost in functionality, especially pathfinding