Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Make pods have charge for their weapon
I don't think pods have any ammo (except grenade pods). I think they should need to recharge after firing a lot; I don't mean it should be limited severely, I like pod fights and stuff. I'm mostly thinking about blob. Pods can pretty much make a wall of death for blobs and never have to stop until there's a reflection tile up. It would be nice if they had to take a break after a bit to recharge somewhere.
Perhaps add a heat meter where if it reaches full it'll start dealing damage to the pod itself and do heat damage to the user inside.
I don't think pods need a nerf, because if I recall correctly, they still go down nearly instantly to melee weapons with above average damage like the power hammer, so just get one of those.
I think that a heat meter is a good idea. And would be pretty simple to add. In the past I had talked about slightly reworking weapons to be closer too how weapons are in the game ftl. Where you have your weapons systems activated and over time you charge up lasers to use so you kinda have to fire in bursts. Both systems would accomplish a similar efdect i think. Letting pods shoot forever nonstop is kinda bad.
This one makes exploration a bit of a bummer, any way to limit its effect to the station z?
Yeah, a heat system would be better than what I said. I don't really want to add micromanagement//make pod battles less frequent or hurt exploring, I'm really only thinking about blobs when I suggested this. Something that gives them a break at least.
Honestly heat resistance should really do more more against lasers for blobs since that is its damage type.
I reckon adding a heat system might be a nice balance to this. Always up for anything that might buff Blobs a tad.
Though Syndie-Pods should not have the need for such a system...as they use advanced Traitor-Technology.