Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A light buff to Spacebux gathering
A person in discord made a valid complaint that some people only get a few games a day or even one.

League of Legends has a "first win of the day" experience bonus.

I thought it'd be cool, if possible, that a person could get a "first escape of the day" spacebux bonus so light players can enjoy spacebux perks more consistently.  It's also a buff that wouldn't significantly effect people who play regularly since it's on a timer.
A lot of those types of systems are deliberately designed to keep players playing longer; encouraging binge play in order to "get their daily bonus" or what have you. I personally find these systems a bit a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee, but I'm open to being convinced that we can find a way to keep it good.
(05-02-2020, 08:06 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: A lot of those types of systems are deliberately designed to keep players playing longer; encouraging binge play in order to "get their daily bonus" or what have you. I personally find these systems a bit a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee, but I'm open to being convinced that we can find a way to keep it good.

Ok so like in the instance of League of Legends it's meant to help folks who can't play much be able to enjoy more champs. It's a boost rather than an addiction hook

In this case SS13 isn't selling anything. The game is free. They're just getting access to stuff they might miss otherwise. People already playing a lot don't get any real bonus.

One thing League does is let you accumulate a certain amount of "first win of the day" bonuses. So like say you can't log in for three days. Well your next three wins give you a bonus. It's meant to NOT punish you for missing a day or two.

People who play a lot get diminishing returns on it because they already have plenty of bux.

The idea is basically a person who escapes at least once a day gets to have a round with some good space bux stuff. There's no way to get more of that later. You get your ding once every twenty four hours and in the case of storing a few you don't get punished for not logging in.

Makes content not gated by frequency of play, which is healthy and feels good for the gamer.
Considering Space Bux doesn't give you major (positive) game changing things, I don't think it would be a bad addition.
(05-02-2020, 08:06 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: A lot of those types of systems are deliberately designed to keep players playing longer; encouraging binge play in order to "get their daily bonus" or what have you. I personally find these systems a bit a slightly ill greater domestic space-bee, but I'm open to being convinced that we can find a way to keep it good.

This specific system seems more like the opposite, where you get a bonus if you havent been on in a little while. Like, the first escape of the day gets a bunch of extra spacebucks, but after that you just get the usual amount until the next day.

Though, a system that gives everyone an extra escape'd multiplier doesnt so much help those who arent on often, more that it just rewards everyone and makes staying for later rounds feel less economical, since you're making less money after the first round.

Problem is that if you aren't on a lot, you're making less SpaceBux, which makes losing a held item feel more less good.

So instead, how bout this: if you arent on for a few days, or you average less than a round per day over the course of a week or so, the first non-escape of the day wouldn't drop your held item.
(05-02-2020, 12:22 PM)Superlagg Wrote:

This specific system seems more like the opposite, where you get a bonus if you havent been on in a little while. Like, the first escape of the day gets a bunch of extra spacebucks, but after that you just get the usual amount until the next day.

Though, a system that gives everyone an extra escape'd multiplier doesnt so much help those who arent on often, more that it just rewards everyone and makes staying for later rounds feel less economical, since you're making less money after the first round.

Problem is that if you aren't on a lot, you're making less SpaceBux, which makes losing a held item feel more less good.

So instead, how bout this: if you arent on for a few days, or you average less than a round per day over the course of a week or so, the first non-escape of the day wouldn't drop your held item.

I dunno. As it's implemented elsewhere it keeps people coming back. The problem only arises when the come back is to keep you hooking into a loot crate system or monetization system. Also don't wanna punish people for being frequent players. The flat, everyone gets it system means everyone gets a round or two with an item. People who play more enjoy the bonus too because they have more rounds where they get to spend bux.

Everyone gets a bump this way, and no one is punished. If it seems like an inventive to keep people playing.... isn't that all fun things? I'd rather people feel good than simply less bad
I prefer the idea that's currently implemented where completing your job objectives provides you with a Spacebux bonus per objective and an additional bonus if you complete them all. I think it would be better to work in that direction.
(05-02-2020, 08:25 PM)Carbadox Wrote: I prefer the idea that's currently implemented where completing your job objectives provides you with a Spacebux bonus per objective and an additional bonus if you complete them all. I think it would be better to work in that direction.

This is not intended to replace that