Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Borgos and some minor QoL upgrades
I been thinking about how borgos get so stressed when you kill them, and trying to empathize instead of laugh at them, and it's brought me to a couple ideas that are light QoL upgrades on the robotocist side.

There's this robotocist named Jenny who, when I was playing AI, she knew the exact configuration I wanted my borg in, knew my play style... and I don't care if you said kill all humans...  that meant I saved Jenny for last.   That's how much I cherish these already-in-the-game QoL considerations. I think the robotocist could use a couple small QoL they could add in

1.  Borgos don't have a health implant,   If they're dead, they're often dead for good.  Let robotocists add one to the chest before building, or open a borgo up and pop one in.  It could inform the AI, the Robotocist, other borgos, and (maybe?)  security of a borgo's death location.

2.  Let robotocists slot in a free upgrade that drains half power and is always on into a borg chest area.  This can be done as it's built.

3.  Can we drop the efficiency upgrade to not high end mats?   

4.  Add some more high end upgrades to compensate.   Heck more variety in upgrades in general would be nice.  Feedback in the replies on potential modules would be rad.  One high end one could give you a second "middle hand" for four action slots.

5. Allow borg head upgrades that tune slight specialization.   Got the prodoc upgrade?  Well what if you also had prodoc lenses in your head?    Then you're seeing damage type readouts on hurt people.   Borgs are meant to be best in class so yeah it's an upgrade docs don't get (or maybe qm could buy similar prodoc upgrades for glasses?)

Meson's  could negate light loss and add night vision when you got meson lenses plus upgrade. 

These are just some ideas, but with a lil love borgos might be a little less stressed.
As far as (3) goes, a standard borg strategy is to start as the civilian cyborg unit, which has an efficiency upgrade built in. You then get a human to swap your module out for whatever module you wanted to be.

You lose your free module from the thing you were gonna be, but you get an efficiency module. I think it's a nice strategy that gives peeps a small reward for having a roboticist or otherwise willing human around to work with them.
(05-02-2020, 08:17 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: As far as (3) goes, a standard borg strategy is to start as the civilian cyborg unit, which has an efficiency upgrade built in. You then get a human to swap your module out for whatever module you wanted to be.

You lose your free module from the thing you were gonna be, but you get an efficiency module. I think it's a nice strategy that gives peeps a small reward for having a roboticist or otherwise willing human around to work with them.

Always felt like a work around and busy work to me. I can see leaving it that way to reward experience. It's what I do right now, but like... it's also just filler
The Borg health alert has been brought up before with possibly tying it into the robotics console given as standard when you access it it gives a read out of AI/Borg health/cell charge. Having it do an alert to AI/roboticist like the health implant alerts med staff would definitely be welcome.
I think having it send an automated alert to all borgs' PDAs, all Roboticists' PDAs, and Binary Chat (in the case of a solar flare) when a borg's cell is low, a borg is critically damaged, or destroyed, is a wonderful idea. This should absolutely be built into all Silicons, including AIs (making it much harder to just suicide-law the AI and borgs without getting caught, since it's honestly a dick move)

Additionally, having a Robot console in Robotics, possibly limited to a view-only mode (no killswitch, no lockdown, etc.), would be a wonderful addition and I think it's a great idea. If I'm not mistaken the console already shows the status of the borg.
I like a borg destruction alert ping to medical. They get it from health implants on humans, and it would be nice if it happened to borgs too. Should be easy to manage I think, I'll have a look soon.
(05-02-2020, 03:08 PM)kyle2143 Wrote: I like a borg destruction alert ping to medical. They get it from health implants on humans, and it would be nice if it happened to borgs too. Should be easy to manage I think, I'll have a look soon.

???