Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove katana dash delimbing
Katana's delimbing is already insanely strong should you aim at the arms, even a completely unprepared katana wielder is rolling a 50% chance to disarm your active weapon, then only needing one follow-up hit to render you completely helpless.

Removing the delimbing from the dash should at least improve the odds of people using other powerful melee weapons against it.
Originally I made the katana dash not delimb, only do some brute damage and a slight disorient on the person hit. This was deemed too weak by a lot of people compared to the original special attack which was just the hit single tile in front of you like punch special attack.

So I made it do it's current action. I'm not really sure what middle ground there is between these two effects. Unless we can change the chance of how the katana delimbs on special attack. Or maybe blocking with an item should roll a chance to block the delimb. Or what I would most prefer would be to have damage to limbs affect its chance to delimb. I'm not sure, I'm open to suggestions.
Camryn mentioned removing the delimbing and providing a slow (to at least give a follow-up swing) but as it stands the dash doesn't have to be massively strong - It's still a guaranteed first-hit in a melee fight.

(as an aside - my honest opinion on the katana as a whole is that its instant delimbing is particularly strong - Would it hurt to possibly give limbs functional health? Maybe even performing a couple of steps of limb surgery on each hit.)
Well one thing I've wanted to do for the katana was to give it a bit more variety in how it can be used. For instance, the katana sheath has no special attack and I would like for it to have one. But also, I'd like for the katana be able to be weilded with two hands by clicking it in-hand to switch like the quarterstaff, changing the special attack and other attributes.
I've also always considered the delimbing from dash to be a tad bit powerful, not only do you move about 4 tiles instantly, you also remove literally any limb you're targetting from anyone on those four tiles if they don't also have a katana in hand. I think simply doing a bleed and disorient effect with some alright brute damage is probably fine enough, and far better than the hit in front of you special attack IMO, still allowing you to move a good distance instantly.