Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thefastfoodguy banned by Wonkmin
Who banned you?: Wonkmin
Byond Key: Thefastfoodguy (I play on Steamp0rt now, the password to Thefastfoodguy is long gone)
Date of Ban: Around 03-04-2018
Specified Reason for Ban: "Unacceptable behaviour including ridiculous levels of ban evasion on other servers."
Ban Length: Permanent.
What led to the ban? Being a shitty player, plus some other people exposing how much of a shitbag I was.
Why am I appealing? / Why should I be unbanned: I'm getting back into SS13 nowadays. My last appeal was garbage, I admit that, although I must admit, the response did leave a bad taste in my mouth, as it came off as "We're not unbanning you because you can't remember the exact details of what happened", but I doubt that was the intent. I don't have that good of memory to remember exactly what went down. But I have reformed - I was an Game Admin and maintainer on Hippie Station for a bit (before retiring due to IRL mental health purposes), and currently play on BeeStation LRP. Goon's one of the few servers I actually respect, because it still tries to retain the "fun and chaotic" spirit of SS13. I did enjoy playing here before I was banned, and I wish to have fun here again.
Which rule did you break? None of the specific rules really say what I did, but I'd say Rule 10, because that's a general "don't be an asshat" rule.
Evasion Attempts: Possibly a few minor attempts in late 2018 - early 2019.
bumping, it's almost been 2 months with no reply
There's no reason to believe you've changed at all, and what you did with your admin spot on Hippie is plenty to believe you haven't. Between that and everything that lead up to the ban in the first place, no thanks. Denied.
Erm, I was a good admin on Hippie? What? I retired due to my mental health declining.
sorry but if negging us with "one of the few servers you actually respect" didn't have us jumping with glee, the doxxing probably didnt help either.

nor were you really the biggest "respecter" of things before you seemingly scrubbed your reddit and discord accounts from existence, so it's not exactly the simplest to prove to you what you already know.

this appeal doesn't even mention any intent to be less shit. it just says you're "reformed" and that the last appeal was bad.

Please let this go.
(07-05-2020, 01:23 PM)warcrimes Wrote: sorry but if negging us with "one of the few servers you actually respect" didn't have us jumping with glee, the doxxing probably didnt help either.

nor were you really the biggest "respecter" of things before you seemingly scrubbed your reddit and discord accounts from existence, so it's not exactly the simplest to prove to you what you already know.

this appeal doesn't even mention any intent to be less shit. it just says you're "reformed" and that the last appeal was bad.

Please let this go.

1. Bringing other server's drama here is bad.

2. Oh sorry, is wanting privacy a -1 on this appeal?

3. What the fuck? "Reformed" usually means "I'm a better person now", I'm not sure what it means to you. I thought I already implied this, but I DO intend to be less shit.
One of the things I've mentioned to other people is that when you do other people a great enough offense or disservice, expressing an intent to change isn't enough for even the most basic trust.

The thing I usually say is this; "A: You need to atone, to do some form of penance that shows a legitimate sacrifice of some kind beyond the self-serving; something that shows an ethical shift" and "B: No one can tell you what that is, 'cause it defeats the point-being able to figure it out shows the ethical shift in part".

Most people I've had to explain this to either give me a blank stare or get mad at me though, which makes me wonder why I explain it. Hope it helps at all.
(07-05-2020, 05:00 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: One of the things I've mentioned to other people is that when you do other people a great enough offense or disservice, expressing an intent to change isn't enough for even the most basic trust.

The thing I usually say is this; "A: You need to atone, to do some form of penance that shows a legitimate sacrifice of some kind beyond the self-serving; something that shows an ethical shift" and "B: No one can tell you what that is, 'cause it defeats the point-being able to figure it out shows the ethical shift in part".

Most people I've had to explain this to either give me a blank stare or get mad at me though, which makes me wonder why I explain it. Hope it helps at all.

1. Making quotes doesn't make you a philosopher.

2. I understand what it means, and retort with this: "Oh, what good deed am I supposed to pull out of my ass?"
(07-06-2020, 07:25 AM)darkbitt Wrote: "Oh, what good deed am I supposed to pull out of my ass?"

You could do the entire ss13 community a favor and just go the fuck away. That'd be a pretty good deed.
(07-06-2020, 08:09 AM)CaptainBravo Wrote:
(07-06-2020, 07:25 AM)darkbitt Wrote: "Oh, what good deed am I supposed to pull out of my ass?"

You could do the entire ss13 community a favor and just go the fuck away. That'd be a pretty good deed.

i guess fixing /tg/'s SQL crashing problems wasn't a good deed? dunno
"ignore the doxxing ban evasion and this horrible appeal because i fixed a bug for a different server" is novel, if not depressing

still denied, get out.