Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
remove patho
(04-29-2020, 10:37 AM)Skornzy Wrote: This doesn't seem easy to the average player. Especially when they are under the effects of a multilayered hell disease. Maybe it would help if there was a book written, and put on the bookshelves for anyone interested in combating rogue diseases?

It could definitely just be added into the pocket guide that all doctors have. It really is quite easy, if you’ve done it once you can do it as easily as equipping internals 

I’d also like to mention that you aren’t normally under the effect of a disease that is causing you to take tremendous amount of damage nonstop(with the exception of the current diseases which are abusing mutations). The situation we find ourselves in is an abnormal one.
How about we actually start treating the mutation exploit like an exploit and jobban everyone who abuses it from any jobs with pathology access until it gets fixed?
It also doesn't help when the pathologist who released the hellplague empties out the hard-to-replace anti-agents. I don't see that done often, but the fact that it is so easy to make fixing it incredibly hard (get rid of anti-agents, or blow up one of the needed machines) is probably a bad thing.
(04-29-2020, 02:47 PM)Mordent Wrote: It also doesn't help when the pathologist who released the hellplague empties out the hard-to-replace anti-agents. I don't see that done often, but the fact that it is so easy to make fixing it incredibly hard (get rid of anti-agents, or blow up one of the needed machines) is probably a bad thing.

Honestly I'd say just scrap antiagents since they basically serve no purpose other than making cures harder and acting as a single point of failure in the event that someone just blows up the vending machine

that said people can also blow up the synth-o-matic and centrifuges too. Maybe curing could be changed to only involve something like the nanomeds?
Getting the anti-agents from the vendor is not strictly necessary, since the synth-o-matic now starts with the module that synthesizes anti-agents. You can just put in an empty beaker and then fill it up. People blowing up the synth-o-matic remains a problem, however.

I also just submitted a PR that will hopefully make the CDC work again if I did not colossally fuck it up. So hopefully that will help rob traitors of the incentive to blow up pathology.

(04-29-2020, 02:46 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: How about we actually start treating the mutation exploit like an exploit and jobban everyone who abuses it from any jobs with pathology access until it gets fixed?

It wasn't an exploit, it was just a feature that was buffed a bit too much. But my PR just got merged, so hopefully the mutation spamming is now a thing of the past. ?

As for adding a book with instructions on how to cure a pathogen, I think it might be better to make it a separate book from the normal medical book, because
A: People might not read the medical book, due to not being aware it was updated.
B: People might not be doctors, a lot of the time during a plague all kinds of people run around in pathology keeping pathologists from making a cure.
C: Putting a book in pathology makes it really easy to find in the event that a person that lacks the knowledge stumbles there during a plague.