Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Traitor Black Market
A 12TC, possibly QM/CE only traitor item that, when installed on a QM console, will unlock a secret "black market" option allowing the user to buy unique back alley items, for some hefty prices of course. Guns, tools, and other illegal items ranging in quality. No two black markets would be the same each round, and everything there would be pretty expensive, up in the 10k-100k range. However, each black market will have items that don't appear in the main uplink, and maybe a few that do on rare occasion.

The purpose would be to give traitorous QMs something unique and practical to mess with that also ties into their job, and giving traitor QMs and CEs, or potentially any traitor with QM access willing to sacrifice all 12 of their TC, some unique items to use in exchange for station budget. Potentially powerful in the right hands, but hopefully not too gamebreaking that a traitor QM can break the entire round on their own.
Quite interesting especially because once a Head Staff would catch on they could simply close down QM by extracting all budget.

I am all for it and would recommend making the items not as expensive as 100k rather a bit cheaper. 10K up to 50K sounds good. The risk to get simply shut down by removing QM budget is quite high when found out.

I really dig that idea.
Probably with an item like that is the fact that QM usually has extremely bad security against outside forces so I can only imagine it being abused by nerds or used by others to valid hunt traitor QMs.

In my opinion, it should be tied to the QMs PDA where they get listings for black market items, limbs, organ, items whatever and can buy and sell stuff for a high price from their instead of the console.
Something that should be mentioned is that emagging the QM console already unlocks a box full of traitor goodies for purchase. https://wiki.ss13.co/Quartermaster#Miscellaneous