Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No talking during stun.
It would be a good idea to implant that in game as it is currently illogical. For example people shouldn't be able to talk when they're stunned by a vampire and tell who the vampireĀ is and where he is. That kinda nerfs a vamp pretty badly.
This would be a massive nerf to wizards, as wizards need to talk to cast spells, and being able to cast (most) spells while stunned is a massive part of what makes wizards so dangerous.
we already have mechanics for being stunned and unable to talk - it's "Paralysis" (the one where you cannot see things far away). For your example, the vampire is already designed with this in mind (they can Glare into Hypno, which takes a few seconds, which is enough time for the person being assaulted to scream out on purpose)
I think screaming out for help is an important part of the game. There's a lot of things you can do to block radios; vampires even have on built in, your upgraded screech blocks radio chatter. That's pretty late in the game though, need over 1k blood iirc.

One thing I like to do as a vampire is use a cloth on them. If you get a reinforced grab with it, all of their speech comes out muffled. It's pretty easy for the AI to call out their location and that they need help though, but it's enough time to get a good amount of blood. Or if there's no cameras in the area.
Yeah as previously mentioned this is already a thing already. Point blank taser shots knock people unconcious for a while + apply a slur to whatever you say afterwards, vampire hypo, ling sting as well. I think it's fine as is and messing with the system even more would lead to some pretty unfun interactions

The whole point with being able to yell out when you're being affected by any of those things is to push antags to be efficient. Even if you're not robust theres still non-antag means to silencing someone. You can muffle peoples speech by grabbing them with a rag, strangling with a wire also prevents speaking I believe (correct me if Im wrong) and as well as cappulatium that has an impact on speech and such.