Poll: Which helmet do you prefer?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A suit
27.27%
9 27.27%
B suit
6.06%
2 6.06%
C suit
6.06%
2 6.06%
D suit
48.48%
16 48.48%
E suit
12.12%
4 12.12%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Security Spacesuits
Ahoy. If you've kept an eye on the spriter channel in discord the past few days, you've probably seen me working on these. I'm confident enough in the design to throw it out there, there's still a bit of work in progress to do on the body and such but I'd like to get input on helmet style. I'll be putting a poll on this thread and I've put letters under each suit. So far, the body itself is identical, the only difference is the helmets. Vote on whichever helmet tickles your fancy and the two with the most votes will make it to the "side sprite" phase. 

MAJOR THANKS TO AZLAN FOR ALL THE LIFE SAVING POINTERS

[Image: tzb0a1x.png]

[Image: pwrX8FJ.png]
'E' looks like a proper tank - standing in your way waiting to break your legs with a chair.
E has a boba fett vibe
This is going to sound like a silly question, but could we see these back by a normal tile color? the contrast of blue and purple is throwing me off.
(04-25-2020, 02:00 PM)vampirate Wrote: This is going to sound like a silly question, but could we see these back by a normal tile color? the contrast of blue and purple is throwing me off.

[Image: cElrLjp.png]

[Image: i73YDkp.png]

Bit better?
I like D the most, but A would be nice as a diving suit helmet I think.
I like the look on B and C, but my vote goes to C on this, I may not be agreed upon here, but something about the whole cross visor thing just really looks nice to me (totally not at all why I choose SWAT mask reward all the time.)

While the aesthetic of A is also good, I feel there's not much that really makes it stand out from just about any other space helmet or even diving helmet excluding say the syndicate space helmet.
I feel like D and E are my favorites, but that A might have the most "security" feel to it. If it was a glass helmet and you could see the person's head through it so it couldn't be used as a disguise.

I'm not completely sure about the colour though, it's tricky to do right I suspect. These are a NT Blue, but security is typically red. And then you get the problem that syndicate spacesuits are red too. It might be doable by using the right hue, I think but I'm no artist.
Concur with Kyle on the helmet - version A with translucency to see who you're dealing with would be a major plus.

To better portray the Security affiliation, I might suggest red for the shoulder pauldrons / leg bits that are blue, and everything else that's blue getting a much pale gray-blue (and when I say gray-blue I mean gray with a hint of blue).
I like the idea of a helmet for security where you can still see their face. I think that security should have a general "friendly" vibe.
Im a fan of B,D and E
re: the colours, unfortunately while red and black does look really cool, it gives off pretty major syndicate vibes. Even any splash of it tends to change the "identity" of the armour, and I figured that it was better to have them associated with NT visually with the blue (as security are employed by them) rather than the Syndicate. I can look at doing some red for them, but I wouldn't expect anything too grand.
(04-25-2020, 08:25 PM)Kubius Wrote: Concur with Kyle on the helmet - version A with translucency to see who you're dealing with would be a major plus.

To better portray the Security affiliation, I might suggest red for the shoulder pauldrons / leg bits that are blue, and everything else that's blue getting a much pale gray-blue (and when I say gray-blue I mean gray with a hint of blue).

Also like A because it's a rounder design, which says "friendly" to me.

I'd also suggest brightening the colors all around to make them pop out more. Maybe a lighter grey or off white instead of black for the non armor parts
Here's another variant - red armor with lighter blacks. Visor colour was also changed.

[Image: S1ed14W.png]

[Image: 68n6swn.png]
The palette + shading really reminds me of the NTSO armor, especially with the hard outlines. I get wanting to give sec special clothing, but to me this looks a bit too distinctive and military, especially for a spacesuit. I think it'd be neat to experiment with less black, softer outlines, and maybe do a comparison to the current spacesuits, which are very nice and could maybe look sec enough with a recolor and accents?