Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centration is greenlit.
Nubcake Wrote:To those not in the know:

AZA, (the main developer of this particular knock-off), was given the original ss13 source by the creator, Exadv. AZA then proceeded to leak the code (which wasn't his to leak) and then got really, really mad when goons took the leaked code and made Goonstation. (he seemed to be fine with tg and the like taking the code, though)

What followed was AZA sending out legal threats and (misspelled) cease & desist letters to goonstation (obviously written by himself.) Trying to make byond drop goonstation from the hub, rallying attacks on goonstation etc.

Eventually he decided to make his own server, but could only find people like android data (pages could be written) to help. AZA unexpectedly disappeared shortly after, and served a jail sentence for some kind of fraud.

So the main dev is an ex con goonhater who couldn't even run a ss13 server. More you know

huh....really? Is there a reason that he didn't like goon?
Because he's a sperg
Sperg is kind of a rude insult and kind of uncalled for given that's it's shorthand for a neurological disability.

Then again I'm probably missing the point.
I'm going to go out on a limb and guess the reason he hates goons is the same reason everyone else hates goons: they got made fun of for liking certain things. I wasn't around when this shitfest was flung so I dunno what the exact cause is though.
Mosheninkov Wrote:what do you mean "it's made by the same guy" aza/noms was not the developer of ss13 and contributed nothing to the original game beyond leaking the original source code and being a big dramatic idiot
Shit really? Are you sure he didn't do anything for ss13? I seem to remeber him saying that he helped make SS13, then agian I don't have the best memory.
"Helped make Space Station 13" could mean just about anything, technically.
atomic1fire Wrote:Sperg is kind of a rude insult and kind of uncalled for given that's it's shorthand for a neurological disability.

Dude half of the stuff in the game light heartedly makes fun of neurological disabilities.
Klayboxx Wrote:
atomic1fire Wrote:Sperg is kind of a rude insult and kind of uncalled for given that's it's shorthand for a neurological disability.

Dude half of the stuff on Something Awful heartedly makes fun of neurological disabilities.
epicdwarf Wrote:
Mosheninkov Wrote:what do you mean "it's made by the same guy" aza/noms was not the developer of ss13 and contributed nothing to the original game beyond leaking the original source code and being a big dramatic idiot
Shit really? Are you sure he didn't do anything for ss13? I seem to remeber him saying that he helped make SS13, then agian I don't have the best memory.

i am absolutely positive that he did nothing for ss13 until after the code was leaked and even then none of his contributions are still used by modern servers. i don't doubt for a second that he said he helped make ss13, but that's nothing more than a bald-faced lie. he was not involved whatsoever in the development of ss13 and has been an active impediment to its progress if anything.
HOLY SHIT
i think it looks pretty interesting