Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Disable Hell
I think Hell kinda sucks right now. The most notable part about it is all the new players who are stuck in it and can't figure out how to escape. Even if you know how to leave, playing the slots is very repetitive and boring.

Until we can make it way better, I think we should disable it.

What do you all think?
I think getting sent to hell for signing a devil contract is a pretty big hurt to new players or anyone unfortunate enough to be forced into signing a contract.

However you should still totally get sent there for superfarting on a bible, because that's not just some random by chance thing you just do casually.
I don't remember what my stance was (if any) on making the chaplain contracts send you to hell post-death when that change happened, but right now I think that aspect should be removed, since that's the only way you can get there that isn't by deliberate action.
Rather than to remove hell for the chaplain contracts why not make it a bit more fun? Shall there be multiple people in hell one might join a deathmatch with another fellow to fight for the chance to live again.

In the end all souls trapped in hell die anyway when freed so one shot to live again might at least make it somewhat redeemable.
I could have sworn the chaplain contracts only sent you to hell if you voluntarily signed them, but apparently somewhere along the line being made to sign them also worked.

You could also add some TVs to hell, so people could at least watch what's going on at the station.
I'd be happy with either removal of hell overall or removing it from any involuntary cause. (As far as I know, that'd just be the contracts, but there may be other things I'm not thinking of.) For the most case, death (and in the case of superfart on bible, not leaving behind a body) is kind of punishment enough while still leaving there the ability to ghost around and watch and hear what's going on.

Also, IMO making hell for multiple people more fun runs into a similar problem ime of changeling hivemind: people who dislike it can just log off before another person arrives - something they can't be sure when it would happen, if ever!
I've actually never been to Hell and have thought all this time that it was simply an alternative afterlife bar
yes, disable it.
The plan originally if i remember was to extend it into an adventure thing. But that didn't happen, and I don't forsee it happening any time soon.
You should not be able to get into Hell by normal circumstances. I like keeping it around for admins to send people to or something.
I honestly thought "Hell" WAS an adventure zone of some sort.

though to be fair i can't adventure zone for shit

It could always be something to superfart to though.
Thanks for all the feedback! I removed damning people for selling their souls, as damned people get sent to Hell when they die. I think this should talk care of all the involuntary/accidental actions? Hell should also be made better, but that'll require a bit more effort. I think Urs suggested integrating it into the afterlife bar somehow, which I think would be super neat.
Did Zoldorf spell scrolls get changed as well? Those also send people to hell.