Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for item-specific block interactions
Post some ideas for cool/interesting things that could be done when blocking with specific items!
If I think something's cool, I'll probably get around to coding it even!

Example (not in-game): A blanket that gives cold resist and warms you up while blocking with it
[Image: LVNy3ET.png]
[Image: 8kUyekH.png]
One suggestion I'd have is a "parry" of sorts for the swords, where, like the Katana, they can block attacks coming in, but if it's done with blocking, it might slip it out of your hand, apply a longer attack debuff, something like that. They are rare enough, C-Saber doesn't even count as an actual sword for this purpose, that it'd not be terribly game-breaking. C-saber, have blocks do small brute damage or something, if you didn't not have enough spares of the melee weapons for it to not be gamebreaking, I'd say straight up melt the item on the bar, but alas.

One suggestion, have blocking with gloves slap the attacker, as well as negate whatever damages it negates. Mainly, because it's fucking hilariously bad manners and would be amazing to pull off.
Maybe blocking with a book or a clipboard could help you block stab and slash damage?

Blocking with floortiles could block blunt, slash, and stab. Maybe also burn?
blocking with a backpack makes stuff thrown at u go into the backpack if it can fit and ur facing the dir it was thrown (bad idea)

blocking with a mustard or ketchup bottle makes u spurt the mustard or ketchup when hit
(04-20-2020, 09:01 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: blocking with a backpack makes stuff thrown at u go into the backpack if it can fit and ur facing the dir it was thrown (bad idea)

blocking with a mustard or ketchup bottle makes u spurt the mustard or ketchup when hit

Adding on to this, getting hit while blocking using a container spilled that container on your attacker, applying a touch reaction?

mbcToday at 01:13
you could even choose your intent
like it just attacks back with whjatever a_intent you already selected
JaffToday at 01:13
so if they try and hit you and fail, you shove them back
mbcToday at 01:13
lead a block into a punch/grab/disarm
yes
Nick of Yellow Today at 01:14
Pat on help
mopToday at 01:14
lead a block into headpat
(04-20-2020, 09:00 PM)Flourish Wrote: Maybe blocking with a book or a clipboard could help you block stab and slash damage?

Blocking with floortiles could block blunt, slash, and stab. Maybe also burn?

clipboard already works like that
bible i think does
idk about floortiles

this should be about special functions though, not just which types are blocked imo

(04-20-2020, 09:01 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote: blocking with a backpack makes stuff thrown at u go into the backpack if it can fit and ur facing the dir it was thrown (bad idea)

actually this would be amazing
"hey, I need [x]"
"aight dude, get ready"
and then person A catches the thing in their backpack
Blocking with a butt should make a fart sound if you get hit.
Backpacks could have a higher defense the more stuff is in it, but items fall out on hit

Roll blocking into the bats ability to hit things back

Blocking with a chainsaw attacks anything you bump into, but a slip or disarm will knock it into you
(04-21-2020, 07:06 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Backpacks could have a higher defence the more stuff is in it, but items fall out on hit

This!
done backpack blocking! (Backpacks could have a higher defence the more stuff is in it, but items fall out on hit)
Blocking with the clown mask and wig in hand or the clown-horn has a chance to produce the honk sound - same for all sound producing intems like instruments as the saxophone and so on and so forth.