Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slip resistance stat
How about a slip resistance stat for footwear, so you can have shoes that protect against slipping but don't make you immune the way magic sandals and galoshes do.  I'm thinking in particular the cleats that come with the football set, it'd make sense that it'd be harder but not impossible to slip people wearing them.  Another candidate for slip resistant but not immune shoes would be the military boots, which would help out nukies a bit, since they seem to lose more often than not lately.  You could also give them special SWAT boots if you want to keep security and the captain slippable.

Negative slip resistance could be a thing too, since IIRC some slipping is RNG.
Since most slipping that slip-resistant footwear protects from is RNG anyways, I don't find it particularly disagreeable to be able to somewhat reduce the possibility. My main concern would be about the usually-guaranteed slips (which galoshes usually protect against); offhand, the only such one I know offhand is bananas. In that case, RNG is being introduced to something that is usually all-or-nothing.

As such, I have a similar proposal; slip resistance would instead be a stun reduction for slipping-induced stuns. If you've ever tried out stims + spacelube (you can do so in the VR murderbox thanks to the Fake Cleaner Grenades), 100% stun resistance prevents any effects of the spacelube slip entirely. Similarly, galoshes and sacred sandals would still prevent slips entirely, while cleats and possibly boots would instead be more like "started to slip, but caught self" - ime a low enough stun which would usually cause item dropping instead only immobilizes, but does not cause item dropping. I believe that would be a decent compromise to still have stuff like bananas be non-RNG but still less effective to people with the appropriate footwear.

Conversely, negative slip resistance could lengthen the duration of slips.