Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
(Wild Suggestion) Earn 0.5 Job Reward XP every 5 minutes for any job
(Wild Suggestion) basically means that I acknowledge that the idea can be a bit wack but purposefully so so that it can be changed and improved by others.

Currently the biggest restriction for adding new job reward items is that there are still jobs that don't have any way of earning XP. I believe that by adding just a passive but small XP gain, it would reward people who already play the jobs they like short term but also long term whenever someone gets around to adding job rewards and such.

Currently the number is pretty small for modesty's sake (0.5 xp / 5 minutes = 6 / 1 hour) but it eventually adds up over consecutive rounds + jobs that already have ways to earn XP. Also better than nothing IMO.
I like this. However, more job rewards would need to be added to make this feature truly shine.
I would personally love this, as it would finally make HoS XP gaining not nearly as long and monotonous as it is (currently it's literally just 1 xp for every HoS round played, for perspective the antique lawgiver is HoS level 5, which AFAIK, no one has legitimately reached close to that)

For the job rewards thing mentioned by Zewaka, I think that's steadily coming along with open code and time, like the clown diploma/graduation cap and (probably?) the long labcoat
Standardizing experience to some degree is pleasing, particularly to those who enjoy seeing how multiple mechanics interlock and relate to each other. As-is, the fact that medical doctor and janitor reward it because of deeds done while HoS rewards it by rounds played makes the systems feel unrelated, especially since that makes it take absurdly long to get the first (unlockable, not-from-level-0) HoS reward.
Given that it's easier to think of job rewards than it is to think of ways for jobs to gain xp in many cases, this seems like a good idea.
I think this would work well with a kind of commendation that Heads can pass out to people in their departments that increases the base XP gained as a kind of reward for a good job
this would definitely work better considering that jobs give EXP for things have some niche ideas on what 'doing your job' is - autoinjectors don't count for medical doctors (but probably should, somehow)
also catches less well-specified jobs - scientists have an extremely wide array of things to do that are hard to track, which would take a lot of effort to give appropriate EXP for
i made a bunch of suggestions for job rewards a while ago
https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...#pid141144 heres the post:
if people like this ping me on discord (@adhara#4566) or reply to this a lot and ill code these in as job rewards.

also for the main topic of this thread, i think each crew objective obtained should give u a job reward xp meter - 1.1x for 1 objective, 1.2x for 2, and so on. just as a little bit of a bonus