Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Make Pickpocket Gun A Clown Job Reward, Remove It From Syndicate Buylist
Pickpocket gun kinda sucks ass for anything "antagy" so I think giving it to the clown as a Job Reward would be fun.
Ideally I'd make it a level 5 reward but clown doesnt have any basis for leveling up their XP so /shrug
Stealing IDs without being noticed most of the time is pretty strongly antaggy, and I'd hate to see the selfantagging clowns could even more easily get up to with it as something all of them can get anytime. Anybody who's had to put up with a clown deciding running around a workplace smacking everything around to be the height of comedy need only imagine how much more frustrating it'd be if the clown could instantly steal their ID and bolt out of there.

One of the modes is a decent stamina-ignoring stunner last time I used it, too. I really don't see how it's not enough of an antag tool.
I had no clue that the gun could even do that to be honest.

I generally considered the balance in that you could only get the item if you're a clown and as such handicapped due to the natural clumsiness and such.

Also the biggest downside to the current pickpocket gun is that for its price, its not all that great considering all the the stuff you could get instead.
From a very brief look into the code and saccharine's comment, the pickpocket gun has a bunch of uses that aren't immediately apparent/obvious which may factor into its usefulness.
(not to immediately say that it's a powerful item, but it's worth keeping in mind)
I don't think it's a super powerful item or anything but it's a fun item that's worth using if you get in a surplus crate or something. I wouldn't mind if more jobs had access to it or had job restrictions removed so we could see it more often?

The other traitor mechanic/engineer items make sense to me in how they are related to their jobs but the pick pocket gun is just a fun harassment tool.
Yea... no

What Sach said and more, the pickpocket gun is a nasty little thing if you know what you're doing, not only can you instantly steal literally whatever is in someone's PDA/ID slot, you can also stun people with it or plant a fake or bad ID onto their slot as well, which provides all the capability of framing someone and just being beyond a nuisance.

I do agree with the end bit of Dickles' post, and I think it's not quite so powerful to require being job locked to mech/engineer or whatevs.