HoS Application - Mr. Stark
Usual Character Name: Rob Stark
BYOND Username: UnknownLife
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Times Available: Everyday, although I do have a personal life.

Reason for Application (300 word minimum): There are a lot of reasons why I want to become HoS. The rank, the power, the pride and most importantly control. I don't know how many times I've become security and things have gone to shit. I want to be able to help people, and to teach players from right and wrong. Sure I've fucked up in the past, but now that I've been playing this game for a while, I think I've finally got the hang of things. Along with that, I've always looked up to the other HoS' and thought of them as role model players. I've pushed myself to make it to that level, I wanted to be a HoS back on Donut, but I think I screwed myself on that one. Point being, I think I have what It takes to be on the job, heck maybe I can even help some players with simple questions like "How do I fart", or "What’s a Changeling?". All in all I love this game, and I like security even more. Back on Donut I played it a lot, and I've finally brought myself back into the thick of things. I think I’ve made a name for myself as well, hopefully not a bad one.

So Mentors and Admins, carefully read this. I do really enjoy this game, and I really respect what you guys do to make it better. All I want is a chance at a bigger role, to make it even funner. If I don’t make a big impact fine, but I still think that I have redeemed myself for such an opportunity as the HoS. Like I said, I’ve made mistakes in the past regarding this role, but I assure you all that I will not make the same mistake. I strive in professionalism, and I don’t think I’ll stray far from it.

Security Experience (300 word minimum): Previous Security Experience huh? Where do I begin. Back on Donut, I played as a Security Officer and a Detective quite frequently. I studied space law more than I studied for tests and exams at school. I strived on playing my role as best as I could. Protecting the people of Epsilon 5 or whatever the fuck it was called at the time. I understood all the levels, all the brig times and all the charges. Hell I would even brag about it a bit to other people. As a Detective, I tried to be the best Detective there was. Even though there is not much you can do, I still try to make the best of the Job. I can’t remember who it was, but there was one time I was a Detective, I actually did a fucking interrogation into a Murder Case. SOMEONE ACTUALLY ROLEPLAYED WITH ME. It was great, the excitement of finding a Traitor through interrogation and other means was just fascinating. There has been plenty of instances where I’ve helped the HoS or another security office take down a Traitor before he could complete one of his assassinations or Objectives. There are so many examples of where I think I’ve performed well as a Security Officer or as a Detective.

Speaking of which there has been plenty of times recently where I’ve had good experiences as Security. Getting stunned by a random assistant in the halls or getting knocked down by A Vamp before getting bitten to death. I’ve done it all, sure I fuck up sometimes, but I think I’ve done a good enough job to be considered for the role. Oh and I’ll elaborate more on how I fucked up back on Donut in the next few paragraphs for those who are wondering.

In your opinion, what are the flaws and benefits of the current security layout (brig, cells, security room etc): Well let's start off with the flaws shall we. The brig first off is behind the actual security room. In order to bring prisoners into the brig, you MUST bring them through the security room first, than into the next room. Both of which can be easily hacked into, and give a traitor the opportunity to break the prisoner shit bag free. Another flaw is that the armory is completely out in the open for anyone to get to. What do I mean? Back on Donut, in order to get to the Armory you either had to get through the HoS' office first or you could break down a reinforced wall. Either way, I think the Armory should be placed better to make it difficult for Antag's to get to. One last thing, there is only one solitary room. Me personally, I liked the Brig layout on Donut. It worked out perfectly, and plus there was the gas chamber...Anywho there are some good things. The brig is a lot closer which makes it easier to transport shit bags, the Brig makes it easier to dump shit bags, and lastly it's a lot more convenient for the security to get in and out of.

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): I'm sorry but why does Shrek wear leggings? *Fart

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it willsmile Ok so this is what I've been looking to write up. In the past, I believe I was job banned from Security and the Detective (Ironic aint it?) on Gibbed #3 (Now LLJK #1). I honestly don't remember why I was banned, but I'm sure it was for something really stupid on my part. Obviously I wouldn't do it now, and I understand all the rules and guidelines. If this effects my application so be it, but I feel I've changed drastically from the way I used to play.

Thanks for considering me for HoS, I'll see you on the Station.
I remember around when you got banned, you would overreact to lots of things and it was some stupid fight that got out of control. That was a long time ago and I also remember seeing you doing stuff lately and thinking "Wow he's a lot better now, cool" so a yes vote from me. You seem to be someone who actually cares and puts in effort.

edit: PS i should note that being good security was among that recent stuff
I offered Rob some delicious cola and he stole my cola and wouldn't drink it or give it back.
the cola was secretly meth
Dauntasa Wrote:I offered Rob some delicious cola and he stole my cola and wouldn't drink it or give it back.
the cola was secretly meth

My parents told me not to take things from strangers!
I've barely seen you in game at all to be honest, but you've wrote up a really decent application, so yeah, I'll go with yes!
Quote:There are a lot of reasons why I want to become HoS. The rank, the power, the pride and most importantly control.
I haven't ever seen you in game, so this is based entirely on your application.

You seem like an okay dude, and I believe you have your heart in the right place with this application. However, I think that there are a few aspects to the Head of Security role that you don't quite fully understand yet; such as the fact that you should focus on a balance of fun for both sides of the coin instead of treating defeating the traitors as the end-all-be-all of the game.

The first line of your application, as well as the way you phrased certain other parts of your application makes me feel like you will, intentionally or otherwise, use the Head of Security role primarily as a method to securing more and better ways of apprehending traitors rather than trying to mediate between traitors and crew to make the round more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm sorry, but as of this time I don't think you're ready.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:
Quote:There are a lot of reasons why I want to become HoS. The rank, the power, the pride and most importantly control.

You seem like an okay dude, and I believe you have your heart in the right place with this application. However, I think that there are a few aspects to the Head of Security role that you don't quite fully understand yet; such as the fact that you should focus on a balance of fun for both sides of the coin instead of treating defeating the traitors as the end-all-be-all of the game.

The first line of your application, as well as the way you phrased certain other parts of your application makes me feel like you will, intentionally or otherwise, use the Head of Security role primarily as a method to securing more and better ways of apprehending traitors rather than trying to mediate between traitors and crew to make the round more enjoyable for everyone.

I'm sorry, but as of this time I don't think you're ready.

I understand where you are going at. I play only on LLJK #2, I rarely ever play #1. Maybe thats why you haven't seen me play much. Also, I've changed my attitude towards traitors drastically. In fact, I don't think I've cried for help in a while, it just ruins the fun. I understand that there is more to HoS than saving the station, it's also about having fun. I intend to that very much, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Rob Stark Wrote:I actually did a fucking interrogation into a Murder Case.
this is basically the coolest thing ever imo

This is what I am looking for, here. If you do more stuff like this and worry less about the serious stuff (eg control, power, etc), you have a definite yes from me.
I've played a few round with Mr. Stark as security, he seems a decent guy and competent sec officer.
I'm not 100% sure if he is ready to be HOS, though if he keeps playing the way he does I'm sure he definitely will be in the near future.

So its a erm... hesitant yes from me.
I've seen you only a small bit in-game (with no bad memories, if I might add), going by that and your application, yes.

UrsulaMejor Wrote:I'm sorry, but as of this time I don't think you're ready.

Thenagain, I don't recall you being a HoS; surely you know a lot about it.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Frankly, those are pretty good reasons to become hos. You can do your own things with a greater chance of crew cooperation. And it can help to defuse a well meaning but bad head/AI without going violent.
What is asked is for you to show that you won't abuse the powers for... catching traitors and being a bossy stickler.

Marquesas Wrote:Thenagain, I don't recall you being a HoS; surely you know a lot about it.

I don't mind non-hos posting here, if they have a specific matter or experience.
But I do hate that kind of psych profile posts without a shred of "I saw you do this, why?" question. Whether they come from hos or not, they mostly sound like holier than thou.
Honestly the more discussion and comments I get on my application, the better. If I do get the beret, I want to know how to wear it properly. I don't wanna be a homewrecker and have to abandon goon for a week for foul play.
Didn't weigh in until I saw a bit more of this dude.
He's a pretty fun guy, and if his head's screwed on right he'll make a fun hos.
Yes from me.
Sundance Wrote:Didn't weigh in until I saw a bit more of this dude.
He's a pretty fun guy, and if his head's screwed on right he'll make a fun hos.
Yes from me.

You're like a role model to me All Ears
I had the chance to observe you yesterday. You worked hard, kept the situation under control and seemed to enjoy helping people. You also displayed an attitude problem when the HoP apparently helped herself to the budget. You got away with it, and it's probably still fresh in your memory, so I won't repeat what was said. My point is, if you consider HoS to be role models, then I'm sure you'd also agree that there's certain language they should keep to themselves. Half the game is knowing the mechanics, half is getting along with the people playing it. Address that and you're on the right way.