Poll: Implementation
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Achievement Reward
21.05%
4 21.05%
Job Experience Reward
68.42%
13 68.42%
Spacebux Item
0%
0 0%
Clothing Booth
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How should l o n g labcoats be implemented?
Heart 
[Image: MrMqioB.png]
the more experienced the scientist, the longer their coat
Can we get comically long labcoats as well?
(04-17-2020, 12:34 PM)SuperbDingaling Wrote: Can we get comically long labcoats as well?

Yis :P
syndicate lab coat

like the syndicate hat, but for scientists

also super fucking long and trails behind you like a cape

yes this is derailing the thread slightly but shut up, long lab coats
(04-17-2020, 04:53 PM)aft2001 Wrote: syndicate lab coat

If people step on it as it trails behind you, you get tripped up - just like the syndie hat, an item only for the most skilled agents
(04-17-2020, 06:32 PM)Sick Ness Monster Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 04:53 PM)aft2001 Wrote: syndicate lab coat

If people step on it as it trails behind you, you get tripped up - just like the syndie hat, an item only for the most skilled agents

And it should come in a black color with some sort of Syndicate logo on the back in bright red

In all seriousness to long lab coats, cool idea and I support, I just think the current sprites look rather... silky and smooth? lab coats in real life are pretty far from that IME
(04-17-2020, 11:57 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: the more experienced the scientist, the longer their coat

this but actually
XP rewards, but tied to length of time played as scientist. Higher the level, the longer the coat, max level is a coat that flaps majestically in the invisible space wind like a bat-cape
long coat discussions are interrupted to bring you the following message:

I'd rather it not be a clothing booth or spacebux item, I'd sort of prefer it to be an item that a scientist can just get in the science wing whenever they want for fashion reasons.
A little bit like the alchemist's coat is now, because most scientists seem to have that unlocked.

I would rather not have to
* run across the station to get it from the clothing both.
* have to know you will want it before the round starts with spacebux.

With the alchemist's coat I always have these really funny moments where everyone changes their clothing after making plans to do something.
I'd like to have that, but more accessible to new Scientists, so you can show team spirit via everyone working together wearing a long lab coat.

PS: I just got up 2 minutes ago and am now writing this, so it might not be the most coherent thing ever.

EDIT: I see though that most people voted for job exp reward, which I think fits this very well. Just make it a relatively cheap one, so it's not too restrictive.
I like the way security helmets are comically folded into different designs and think that maybe setting a precedent for reasonable, job-related fashion items to be obtained similarly would be a good idea.