Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jetpacks, space, and your health
If you're in space and have a jetpack, why does your health affect your movement speed? Health should not affect movement speed until you are no longer on a space tile.
Just to be clear, is this based on gameplay logic or realism? Because realistically, jet packs in a vacuum should be more difficult to steer rather than slow moving.
Mostly realism, but I think it would make the game more fun as well.

As far as the whole jetpacks in a vacuum thing goes, well, there's a difference between wanting something to be more realistic and wanting it to be completely realistic. My suggestion should be easy to implement, but there's only so much directional stuff that can be done in a NEWS-movement, tile-based game, so I think steering is fine the way it is.
jetpacks should let you cross gaps

like over the icy crevices on icemoon
babayetu83 Wrote:jetpacks should let you cross gaps

jetpacks don't have that kind of power. They're just little air jets that let you change direction in zero g
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

jetpacks don't have that kind of power. They're just little air jets that let you change direction in zero g
Because...realism is super neccesary, instead of using the standard Sci-Fi jetpack that propels you?
Frogsiren DON'T CHANGE/FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKE Frogsiren
BlackPhoenix Wrote:
UrsulaMejor Wrote:

Because...realism is super neccesary, instead of using the standard Sci-Fi jetpack that propels you?
Those sci-fi jetpacks are rocket powered, and the ones in game are VERY OBVIOUSLY the air jet kind because of the fact they're fueled by compressed gas.

Also, being able to just skip gameplay elements that are supposed to be challenging with a relatively common item is not okay.
I am also not down for jumping over crevasses or whatever with a jetpack.

I do still think it's weird and kinda dumb that being hurt somehow impedes your jetpack's ability to propel you through space.
If you fall into a pit with your jetpack turned on, it should speed you into the bottom of the pit and break your neck.
Hokie Wrote:If you fall into a pit with your jetpack turned on, it should speed you into the bottom of the pit and break your neck.
But you fall feet first. If anything the jetpack should lower the damage a little, not cause you to break your neck.
epicdwarf Wrote:
Hokie Wrote:If you fall into a pit with your jetpack turned on, it should speed you into the bottom of the pit and break your neck.
But you fall feet first. If anything the jetpack should lower the damage a little, not cause you to break your neck.
Booooooooooringggggggggggggggggggggg