Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Walk-through-able Dr. Acula and Morty
Wink 
I love them. I really do. They're adorable, and they're kinda the unofficial mascots of medbay. But it gets annoying when you're trying to rush to save someone that's dying and they bumble in front of you with their big ol' eyes, blocking you from moving onto their tile. Would it be possible to make their bodies behave like birds, bees and other small critters? (You switch tiles with them instead of being blocked?) Opossums and bats aren't all that big, after all!
dr acula yes, but morty absolutely not. You can scream to make him passable, and him being a big cute menace is the best thing
If memory serves, clickdragging Dr. Acula onto yourself moves them onto your tile so they can feed from you. Meanwhile, Morty "dies" and can be walked through if you scream within his earshot. I might be mistaken about Dr. Acula moving onto your tile, but if I'm not, what do you think of these circumventions?
(04-16-2020, 10:06 AM)UrsulaMejor Wrote: dr acula yes, but morty absolutely not. You can scream to make him passable, and him being a big cute menace is the best thing

I HAD NO IDEA ABOUT THE SCREAMING THING, THIS IS ENLIGHTENING! That's adorable, and it makes things much easier. Maybe there could be a description added to Morty so that this is clearer for folks that are unaware of his sensitivity?

Quote:saccharineChampion

If memory serves, clickdragging Dr. Acula onto yourself moves them onto your tile so they can feed from you. Meanwhile, Morty "dies" and can be walked through if you scream within his earshot. I might be mistaken about Dr. Acula moving onto your tile, but if I'm not, what do you think of these circumventions?
I'm terrible at this forum thing and I probably totally screwed up on quoting you here, Saccharine, sorry! I was aware of Dr. Acula's feeding, and I think that it's cool and absolutely beauteous! I also do believe you're correct about Dr. Acula moving onto your tile when you offer your arm, but I wonder if maybe the blood sacrifice is a bit much to ask for passage through his tile?

Thank you for your insights!!!
No worries with regard to the quoting messup!

After doing some quick tests on a personal server followed by code peeking, I think the amount of drain each feeding does seem a bit much. It seems like you need to get away from Dr. Acula really quickly or the drain can add up quick - the drain occurs in 20u bursts, and unless you get away nearly immediately, they can do upwards of five of these drainings each time you offer yourself. This is honestly a surprising amount, and I wouldn't be opposed to dropping it to somewhere around 5u bursts 5 times, per feeding.

Note that you begin with 500u blood. When you go below 400u, you get shock, which can develop into heart issues if you don't get blood restored or anti-shock meds in you soon. 300u raises the shock chance, slows the person, and causes random long stuns. Hitting those with just a few feedings feels like a bit much to me!