Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Bring back infinite lockers/crates
Yeah I'm for bringing this back, it made moving large quantities of items much easier, and I really don't see why it was changed.
What items are you moving around in quantities of greater than 100 that can't be stacked anyways? Keeping the old way with unlimited capacity would sometimes lead to lag or even freezes with great enough amounts stacked in - I once accidentally crashed the games of everyone onscreen until roundend by putting too much into a crate, and then it got opened.

If it's for selling stuff - note ZeWaka's post. The game, too, would warn that selling too much in one crate would prevent one from not getting as much money as intended. Limiting crate quantities helps prevent that.

For the most common items to stack great amounts of - crops and ores - they have their own convenient handheld storage containers, and in the case of ores, you can stack them. If you need to process a huge pile, the material processor doesn't turn a stack into just one item.
The only thing this truly hampers is moving items for nefarious purposes. I'm fine with this change
(04-20-2020, 12:20 AM)Xaviens Wrote: I feel like this would be less of an annoying thing were it not for the bug with ores where stacking them and placing them into a reclaimer just spits out one of the given item.

dont use portable reclaimers. the other ore processor does stacks just fine.
(04-23-2020, 12:56 PM)Adhara In Space Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 12:20 AM)Xaviens Wrote: I feel like this would be less of an annoying thing were it not for the bug with ores where stacking them and placing them into a reclaimer just spits out one of the given item.

dont use portable reclaimers. the other ore processor does stacks just fine.

[sighs in robotics]
(04-24-2020, 05:15 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: [sighs in robotics]

Why would robotics need to proccess their own raw ore? Just have mining refine it for you before they send it.
(04-24-2020, 07:23 AM)Kak0phony Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 05:15 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: [sighs in robotics]

Why would robotics need to proccess their own raw ore? Just have mining refine it for you before they send it.

Ever bothered to ask Mining for ores as a robotocist? Usually they do not care one bit so you have to become a robotocist miner yourself. :/
(04-24-2020, 07:26 AM)GORE Wrote: Ever bothered to ask Mining for ores as a robotocist? Usually they do not care one bit so you have to become a robotocist miner yourself. :/

Borgs have access to mining, and there's a public access refinery. Plus you can get more basic mats from QM
Most of the most-played maps have a public-access material processor. Both cogmaps and Clarion have particularly conveniently placed ones.

Not only that, but the crate capacity is only an issue if you're carting around over a hundred materials. Also keep in mind that one material is equivalent to 10 material-units in a manufacturer. A single crateload should generally last robotics even if they're doing some gimmick with mass printing of robots.

If you absolutely need over 100 materials, on a space map, you can just hack into the mining outpost and print out mining satchels. Maybe hack into the material processor while you're there?
Honestly in my experience robotics consistently ignores any mats mining sends them, solicited or not. Maybe the pad and everything on it is invisible to roboticists.