archlinuxusa Mentor Application
Big Grin 
Usual character name: Christopher Allen

BYOND username: archlinuxusa
Discord username (if you are on our discord): JakeFromStateFarm#8089
Recommended by (if applicable): None
Goon servers you play: Mostly non-RP however I have played a few rounds of RP. 

Reason for application + game experience (300 word minimum):

I have been playing Goon-hub exclusively (and casually) for about a year time-frame. I have played most if not all jobs and naturally proven terrible at a few. After some self reflection; and how many times I personally have used the mentor command something makes me want to give back and assist the newer folks that are in the same lost-in-the-sauce, confused state that I have historically been in. Evolving and having the opportunity to give back would be an awesome role that I believe would be the logical next step in the Goonstation experience.

About February 2019 I started playing Goonstation as a fresh SS13 player completely unfamiliar with BYOND or any further concepts of the game than a YouTube video I watched. I decided to start playing as a captain and AI in my first few rounds (see previous bans/warnings). Needless to say this was not a good decision and led me to receive some warnings about my behavior and incompetence.  I created a loose road-map of Jobs to complete starting with trying to really figure out the ins and outs of the station starting with engineering trying to get the generator working. After roughly a year I have loosely completed my road map ending with pathology knowing where I am the best and worst. I really enjoy Goonstation and have only been disappointed in a round only a few times (mostly failing at pathology). When I first started I probably played around 10 games a day and after a month or so I was burnt out. You will likely see me on the station at least once or twice a day most likely captain or something medical probably attempting to transplant a monkeys heart into another (for science) and dramatically failing at least once. 

I have recently (among lots of others) begun to delve into the many interesting artifacts of DM code with the release of Goonstation open source on GitHub and have a successful PR involving microwave egg splat.

To end this, I want to express gratitude for every mentor who has ever helped me figure out an issue or help me just deal with the sad outcomes from time to time that has led me to space myself on more than one occasion; you guys rock and I hope I can pay it forward. 

Previous bans (while this will not affect your application lying about it will):

PLEASE correct me if I am incorrect, but I do not believe I have ever been banned/temp-banned. HOWEVER, I have certainly been warned at least two times that I can recall from my earlier days. 

- Some time in Earlier 2019 I was warned officially because I put something insensitive/offensive in the MedTrak system about someone who was giving me a hard time.
- Same early 2019 time frame - As my first time or so as an AI I electrified and locked the bolts on most of the upper half of goonmap2 and was officially warned.
I can't recall seeing in game, however we may be in differing time zones. Sometimes it takes multiple mentor applications, so don't despair! Keep playing, let people get to know you and keep applying.
This application has been denied due to lack of support. You're definitely encouraged to reapply in the future, after playing some more!