Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brain Jar?
I've seen posts from a while back about this being in the code, I was wondering if it's buildable now or if it's just there in the code, same as before? Would be nice to have a little in-between while borging someone, especially if you don't have the parts made or something.
I was talking about this today on discord, one of the most fun rounds was being a brain in a jar running commentary/critique on the antag as he rampaged

I wish to be able to jar/brain folks/myself
I can actually give you a somewhat stitched together answer for this.

It as an idea that was pitched by myself or someone else back years ago, maybe even 2016? I haven't a breeze. Anyway there was good reception of it, and an admin (Spyguy potentially? Most likely wrong here) decided to develop it on their own accord like many projects - for fun. 

[Image: 2dyYkjN.png]
(pitched idea of a robotics construction, i'm afraid the actual sprites have been lost to time)

When I saw it in game, it was a bit different from the pitch. It involved quite a complicated apparatus of a toolboxes and wires which could be constructed and a brain slapped onto it. But the end result was effectively the same, you were revived as a brain with only the ability is to yell in agony at your circumstances.

I'm not sure what happened but it never truly was fleshed out. Maybe balancing issues, maybe the concept of forcing a player into a jar for your own amusement when you could've cloned them is a bit cruel.

I still think the idea has merit, as it could be expanded for players who literally can't be cloned. And you could make it so that it's similar to /tg/ pAI system where the jar could be able to interface with things. 

I wonder if it's still in the 2020 code?
(04-17-2020, 05:15 AM)Sundance Wrote: I wonder if it's still in the 2020 code?

I believe so! I also think I remember seeing something else that was similar to the pAI in there before as well.
You could have one of those robot spider bodies like in Star Wars.
Please christ make them like the Big-MT scientists from Fallout New Vegas

[Image: latest?cb=20150523140721]