Operation0 Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Gulliver Green
BYOND Username: Operation0
Recommended by (if applicable): nobody frown
Times Available: usually any time during the night or evening, very early mornings.

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): Really, the main reason I want to be a mentor is so people can say “oh, hey, there’s the guy that helped me! He’s really cool!” Helping people is always fun and I do it whenever I can (whenever I want to*), but I rarely run into any new players or anyone who knows much or any less than I do. Honestly I feel very patronizing when I tell somebody how to do something in game as a non-mentor (also purple text is cool I guess).

I’ve been floating around since… Oh boy, 2007 I think? Not consistently, really, but on and off. But I’ve been on goonstation for well around a year I would guess, starting on donut station. I started off as a guy with a redundant name (Bill Bill or Steve Steve or something? I can’t really remember) and was a very shitty guy and surprisingly got banned very few times. Also I was Fred Flanders who wasn’t very memorable but wasn’t that bad I don’t think? I’ve probably quit for a few months at a time maybe twice, but I never really ‘quit’ for good (the never do). I know my way around cogstation at long last, and I’m somewhat versed in most jobs. I’m not very good at botany, chemistry, or starting the engine (I haven’t even touched the engine yet), but I know most of my shit pertaining to mechanics and science (besides telescience, I haven’t found much appeal until the lava/ice moon or whatever were added). I know like, one major chemical which has probably since changed on account that it is ridiculously easy to make for what it does. But I wouldn’t call myself a chemist because of that. Obviously. I know most of my shit although I do sometime resort to mentorhelp when I’m not sure about something, so there is admittedly a fair few things I don’t know. I usually like to play along with people and even overlook traitor hijinks (admittedly as a security officer ): badcop) and can be an annoying dick to some or most but I tend to get along with most people I think? Well I’ll find out if that’s true soon, I guess.

(I wrote this in microsoft word so I would know when I broke 300 words)

Your opinion of Shrek (5 word minimum): shrek 1 was good but shrek 2 and 3 were bad
#italiano

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): I got banned for an hour once because I beat a cluwne into crit and was banned for 10 days for making a joke about black people (it was from a cookbook I promise, they made a typo that said "black people" instead of "black pepper" frown )
I've seen you around, you're friendly and helpful in general. I bet you'd make a good mentor.
I see you around alot when i'm online, and you seem like me navigate towards the less populated server whether it be 1 or 2, where for most of the time there can be a mentor drought.
So.. sure, I can support gulliver green. I see you in alot of jobs and you have a fairly good grasp in whatever that may in entail. A solid yes from me.
Gulliver is a cool guy who should definitely be allowed to help people out with mentor stuff.
I don't think I've ever seen you chat in OOC, but you seem pretty chill ingame and have a decent chunk of knowledge, so yes.
Weavel Wrote:I don't think I've ever seen you chat in OOC, but you seem pretty chill ingame and have a decent chunk of knowledge, so yes.

I'm manther on the IRC
I didn't know who he was before he applied, so I kept an eye out for him.

He does play often and is a nice guy, and smart.

Yes.
Yeah I'd say yes
Another yes from me,hes a chill and helpful guy and he knows quite alot i must say.
Yes from me. From what I've seen, Manther is a pretty good guy.
I think I remember seeing you around a few times and from what I've seen you're a decent player, that along with no bad history and being around for while makes me think you'll be a good mentor