Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Job Traitss
This stemmed from a discussion on Discord we had, and it was received positively so I thought I'd flesh it out a bit.

Basically, same as normal traits.  Little ways to customize your experience.

Each person would have three main traits they could pick from and they'd have positives and negatives and the base three couldn't be overlapped.

Example:
Physician: 135 percent healing chem potency from chems

Surgeon: Patients don't bleed, surgery will automatically target an infected or damaged organ no matter what item is used, still have to target the right part. Cutting puts a light healing chem in their system automatically.  Normal medicine potency

Back Alley Doc:  Some items like alcohol can act as potent pain killers,  able to vend complex meds from any medical vendor,reset any depleted meds at first at free then at an escalating cost.

From there you could add ones with positives and negatives like normal traits with point values. 

Example of a negative trait:  Bad vision, without your prodoc goggles on or prescription glasses you are near blind. (you then spawn without them or with normal glasses on and have to get one of the spare prodocs)

Example of a 2 point trait:  All healing chems also put a bit of omnizine in the system of the person applied to by this person.

A fun I thought of for Botanist would be: Herbal Medicine Expert... can brew teas from medical herbs that heal and add slight resistances to that damage type for a time depending on the amount of tea drank.

This would encourage people to play their job in fun and different ways, and really make the role their own.   It would also super make players of different builds shine at different times.

If the idea is well received I'd be happy to write up traits for each class and point values as a start, and if anyone has suggestions I could add them to that write up
I really like the idea of there being different sub-specializations for jobs people could pick between, and those suggestions seem like good ideas, but you have to pick traits before you know what role you've been assigned which might make it difficult to get what you want reliably.

Maybe it could be implemented in-game somehow? Perhaps the HoP could be in charge of some sort of NT Training machine that works similarly to the gene-booth and deals out training that gives those bonuses to staff for a price?

Would give the HoP more reason to interact with the crew beyond access changes, and fits their sort-of-HR role.

To really flesh it out you could make it so the HoP gets a training budget to buy specializations to put in the booth so there's a bit of decision making there & interaction with the station economy.
Well, the idea is you'd be on the default, first trait if you picked nothing, but you'd set up all your job traits for any given class you wanted to play.

I like the HoP idea there though, being able to reassign traits if need be, or on a whim. Not sure how that would be implimented though.