Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make silicons use RCD matter
Strolling through RCD code I found a comment saying that the special silicon RCDs cost battery charge because they couldn't really use matter units.
Now that RCDs can be refilled by clicking on the ammo I feel like it would make more sense to ditch the borg RCD entirely, so that the days of "shitfuck asshole douchebag drone/engiborg spamming walls/holes everywhere" will become nothing but a memory. (Unless they hack a fab and find molitz to put in it, in which case I feel like they deserve a bit of RCD action)
Borgs tend to be specialized "Best in Class" modules. They have a high starting proficiency in their module compared to humans, but give up the ability to change tasks quickly.

I think it's okay for borgs to have their RCD based on battery charge, unless RCD matter suddenly becomes a hell of a lot faster/easier to get for everyone. It doesn't really make sense to me to give borgs a tool that'll just run out quickly and be dead weight the rest of the round.
Worth mentioning this would basically ruin the function of the Ghostdrone. Can't imagine not being able to go around amidst the chaos and repairing the station having to worry about RCD refills.

To be somewhat as a trade-off, the battery drain does require a Ghostdrone to go charge frequently to continue repairs.