Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reorganizing the ID computer and Toxin's adjustment.
I had two thoughts today, and so I'm gonna just bundle both of these ideas into one thread:

1) Reorganizing the ID computer: Right now it's painful to try and navigate the ID computer for custom jobs. If someone wants a custom job I usually end up giving a lot more access then required because all the access' are in one big paragraph. Can they be sorted into columns and maybe even colorcoded so we can tell what position normally gets those areas. I know the map but not the ID computer's terminology of it. I think this would go a long way to encouraging HoP's to actually hand out ID's at the beginning of the round rather then fucking off into space.

2) In Toxin's, there's only equipment to burn plasma. There should be a heat pipe like there is in the engine room so gasses can be heated without mixing them into a combustion reaction. There's already one for cooling gasses so it makes sense there should be one for heating them up.
Re toxins: there totally is a way to heat gas now. There's heat pipes laid out inside the heating chambers for you to use.
Idea.

Sort each room by department.

e.g add a label for each department to separate each of the rooms.

Perhaps also change some of the room names to make more sense. e.g change medical science to Genetics.

Some room names are explicitly confusing because everyone has one name for them and nobody calls them by the door names.
The ID computer sorting has been requested several times.
Please someone do it
david2222121 Wrote:Re toxins: there totally is a way to heat gas now. There's heat pipes laid out inside the heating chambers for you to use.

Is there? Because I can't see any pipes or places to put cans. There's the cold pipes to the north but I think you're talking about the pipes that vent gas into the mixing rooms.
Upon re-examination of the toxins lab you are indeed correct. Odd, they used to be there, too.