Main points of disscussion on the Discord have been that :

pros
encouraged interaction with catering
provide catering with a purpose
higher exposure to food buffs
might encourage "food nerdery"

cons
forced interacion with catering
another incentive for people to break into departments because they can do it better
useless busywork every 30 mins
if not handled well can be very annoying
could negatively affect sec/antag rounds
pros: clowns cannot buy food without begging a potentially sadistic chef or stealing money
I could write an effort post here but that'd just be exhausting here for everyone involved, including myself who has little energy these days.

So i'll distill it, because pro's and con's aren't really useful in the bigger scheme of things.

GOOD: Working from the ground up to create a hunger system that's rewarding to both the user and the chef.

MAYBE GOOD BUT MIGHT RUFFLE A FEW FEATHERS: Adding in a burger-o-meter like TG that's relatively annoying but otherwise mild (in which case - busybody work and will see an influx of vending machines) - may not be the end result of what Erin has in mind if the catering rework is anything to go by.

BAD: Implementing the current Motives system as it currently stands. It is not a good framework to base anything off and should be jettisoned into the sun. DO NOT DO THIS.
God please no
I'd be alright with hunger system since it would make the chef a more useful job
But I fear having to go to sleep every 20 minutes and waiting a few minutes to wake up
Or having to use the toilets when half of the station is vented and bathrooms are bombed
Yeah the RP motives system just serves to interrupt the round. I do worry that on 2 it will lead to people breaking into the kitchen to grab food from a chef who isn't working fast enough!
Yeah, uh no thanks. Compared to rp, goon2 is chaotic as fuck, and theres simply not enough time to keep on top of all your motives, or even enough facilities, considering that there can be as much as 70 people on cog1, and only one chef. Not to mention the motives system can be used to fuck people over hard. Simply being on fire lowers your hydration, and I'm sure other motives have ways to be dropped quickly. "Encouraged interaction" will also just lead to people breaking into the kitchen, because who trusts people to do their job on 2? Goon2 players just can't be trusted to not use this system to fuck people over, myself included.
When I grab a food or drink from the bar there's a pretty good chance it's lethal poison. I only interact with the bar when I'm okay with dying. They're pretty much floorpills that have an okay stamina buff attached to them. I don't think forcing hunger is a good idea, people would just eat food from vending machines which are much safer.
Motives are annoying enough on 1, where things are calm most of the time. Maybe if like only hunger was added, since that's the only motive thats brings anything, the others just disrupt the roundflow.
the motives system on 1 needs work and doesn't quite feel finished. I think we should get it feeling good on 1 before we extend it to 2
woah no please

the motives work for the RP server, but for 2 it would only serve to hinder, slow, or otherwise completely ruin what could've been a good and chaotic round. Let me tell you that trying to manage getting piss breaks and hydration in during the standard craziness of a shift on 2 is a bad idea... I mean unless you want to see fucking hand made toilets littering the station and the hallways blocked by vending machines.....
Honestly giving foods more unique buffs and pluses would be a better way to get people to come eat.