Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HoP Job Booth and Assignment Terminal
Essentially a way for the HoP to automate the job assignment process.

The HoP can create jobs from a terminal that lets them assign:
  1. The job title
  2. The access level
  3. The salary
  4. The uniform
  5. The job description
  6. The number of vacant slots for this job
  7. Any additional tools for the job
Afterwards, someone would merely have to hop into a publicly available booth, peruse the available jobs, select one they like, and have all fields updated to reflect it.

As far as uniforms and tools go, the HoP can draw from a list and of items commonly available at manufacturers, but also load in more exotic items manually. When a player accepts an assignment, the machine swaps out what they already have and spits out any conflicting items into a bag that can be ripped open to retrieve them
No.

1) Reduces player interaction:
* HoP is basically sitting in front of a screen, imaging new crazy jobs all day long.
* Why stand in the HoP line at all?
2) How do you prevent abuse?
* I can imagine quite a few ways to abuse that system.
* Worst offender is the agent card.

Most jobs have a locker. Get your new access, get to the locker, swap your gear, and you are fine.
(04-05-2020, 02:24 PM)DasBrain Wrote: No.

1) Reduces player interaction:
* HoP is basically sitting in front of a screen, imaging new crazy jobs all day long.
* Why stand in the HoP line at all?
2) How do you prevent abuse?
* I can imagine quite a few ways to abuse that system.
* Worst offender is the agent card.

Most jobs have a locker. Get your new access, get to the locker, swap your gear, and you are fine.

#1 would actually get the HoP to BE on the station when they often times just leave
#2 HoPs can just give people all access anyway, this just seems like it encourages some creativity imo

the point is to do something fun
Access really feels like something that should be handed out on an individual basis by a head to me.
I know that HoPs usually give out access like candy and that's cool, but just entering a booth seems way too easy to me.

And if a HoP really wanted to make a bunch of Ghost Busters or something, I guess they could also just make a pile of ghostbuster cards and leave em lying around.
I picture it as something along the same lines as the gene booth: Something to streamline gameplay by requiring less waiting around for people to show up to perfrom a requested task.

I don't necessarily see this replacing face to face HoP interactions, but to supplement them

You could have the booth work with access implants to mitigate any ID card abuse, or have a PDA prompt if you want to approve things on an individual level.
Having the booth put in an access implant would be a good idea. Perhaps some access levels could be blacklisted from the booth as well.
The HoP having to approve via PDA would remove a lot of my concerns with this. ^

I also feel like it should require you to input an existing ID card so you can't "double-dip" (unless you steal someone else's ID), even if it gives an implant. I guess in that case the old ID would be consumed.

I'd just like to keep at least *some* level of barrier between random people and getting access to an area unrelated to their job, even if convincing the HoP or getting hacking tools is usually very easy.