Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a counter for stapling melee weapons to someone's arm
Not gonna say names here, but I see a lot of traitors who go on C-Saber/Katana rampages staple the thing to their arms and become nigh-unstoppable on their rampages. There's no real counter to this, and it almost always results in a boring round where everyone is killed by a nerd with a sword arm who thinks they're a cool anime villain.

So here are some ideas:

-Disarming the custom limb in question should result in them using it on themselves, with a higher chance than normal of disarms hitting the bulkier the item is.
-Give the item a chance to fall off when forced onto the ground.
-Disarming someone while they're using a sword arm (csaber/katana) causes them to plunge them into their chest, effectively forcing them to kill themselves (with a unique chat message to make you feel badass for doing it!)
Using it on yourself when disarmed is already how it works. A suggestion I threw around a bit was making it so if you slipped with an item arm you'd hit yourself with it, making it so this is still a viable tactic, but less so. I don't think it should be made completely impossible to rampage with item arms, but I agree it can be a bit dumb at times with regards to how strong it is.
Idea: much like how you can remove stapled asses from people without surgery by pulling the staples out, in the looting menu you should be able to rip the staples out of armstapled items to remove it.
(04-05-2020, 05:41 AM)Lord Birb Wrote: Idea: much like how you can remove stapled asses from people without surgery by pulling the staples out, in the looting menu you should be able to rip the staples out of armstapled items to remove it.

That's not bad. You still get the buff of not being able to drop it, and it's still a challenge to remove it since it'll require standing nearby and taking the time to remove it
"-Disarming the custom limb in question should result in them using it on themselves"

this already is and has been a thing, which I also advise to do in these situations if you have issues
I just wanted to toss in my idea of using grab intent to actually rip the item off the person, obviously only by chance and a low one at that.
Since it's a blade half ass popped into your arm, it could do light damage every swing with a small chance to cause a bleed. Then at least the swings with it would have to be a little more precise.