Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More visible alert when the shuttle is called.
There should be alarms or blinking lights indicating that the shuttle has been called instead of just the usual ETA countdown.
I agree with this, I'll look into it.
Add more monitors around the station, make the shuttle countdown more visible on them...And give the AI the ability to put its smilie face on them.
Add loud annoying warning vox to it.
Anticheese Wrote:Add more monitors around the station, make the shuttle countdown more visible on them...And give the AI the ability to put its smilie face on them.

Those status displays are laggy as all hell, that's why there are fewer of them now. One of the most expensive machines, kinda dumb.
Cogwerks Wrote:
Anticheese Wrote:Add more monitors around the station, make the shuttle countdown more visible on them...And give the AI the ability to put its smilie face on them.

Those status displays are laggy as all hell, that's why there are fewer of them now. One of the most expensive machines, kinda dumb.

How sad. Those things can be comedy gold, especially since their description is whatever it says on the screen.
When the shuttle is called, a recorded sound of the AI should come on saying something like, "Warning, All crew members please prepare your belongings for immediate departure of the station. T-Minus 10 Minutes". Or something along those lines.

Fart.
Whenever the shuttle is on its way, a constant vuvuzela BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT should emit to everyone Heh.
Rob Stark Wrote:When the shuttle is called, a recorded sound of the AI should come on saying something like, "Warning, All crew members please prepare your belongings for immediate departure of the station. T-Minus 10 Minutes". Or something along those lines.

Fart.

no because this is literally dead on exactly the same as what other servers do which imo is really boring anyway

honestly it's fine how it is without more sound clips or whatever, the red lights used for low-power signalling could turn on when the shuttle's called too maybe?
If anything, I think it's already too obvious. When the shuttle alert happens, it somehow invades your thoughts even when you're unconscious. It should almost just be a PDA alert instead of an overriding chat alert.

It would make things a lot more tense to wake from a blunt force trauma induced coma only to find your PDA beeping with 10 minute shuttle alert... That's 8 minutes old.

Probably a horrible idea, but I'm a horrible person that would like a bit more immersion.