Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Variable alert levels
Proposition: Add another alert or two to the command staff's discretion beyond the current red alert behind the breakable glass.

Yellow for heightened alert level, that does not warrant the immediate danger of red.

Blue for atmospheric loss or structural damage.
Add a scrolling marque that displays the current level and any messages
Yessss

As a possible alternative, require alert levels to be updated via announcement computer? Though there's something nice about breaking the glass of the big red button and smashing it in

The reasoning for the announcement computer interaction would be customized alerts and reasons - e.g going to Red Alert with VOX going "WHOOP WHOOP, RED ALERT" with an announcement stating that nukeops are on-board. Dunno about VOX, but it'd be pretty nifty (albeit hopefully with a decent cooldown)
I would enjoy the alert system being more useful and not just ignored

Multiple levels and a persistent warning of why the alert was called could both be cool options
I'm just going to activate them all the moment I find the buttons. Even better if I can cycle through them until someone kicks me out of the bridge.
Resurrection this, as I think it would be quite a nice way to try and rally the crew to deal with very dangerous traitors/changelings/etc.

Have Red Alert do the Nukie warning sound, or a similarly impactful one, and set the red emergancy lighting on.

Possibly add the ability to set the alert state via a computer of some sort.
I like this idea too. Definitely a good concept that may help kicking people into gear if a threat is detected that requires the contribution of everyone to beat.
What about different kinds of alert levels based on the threat instead of just how "likely" it is? IE a blob is grounds for some biohazard alert.
Sounds like customized alerts would be most suitable.

E.g. select alert level, select alert text, select alert sound, select red light on or off.
(07-03-2020, 10:11 AM)GORE Wrote: Sounds like customized alerts would be most suitable.

E.g. select alert level, select alert text, select alert sound, select red light on or off.

Yeah, exactly.
(07-03-2020, 08:03 AM)Knight Wrote: I like this idea too. Definitely a good concept that may help kicking people into gear if a threat is detected that requires the contribution of everyone to beat.

One thing that might be worth considering is access levels changing in relation to the emergency, similar to maintenance opening up for rad blow outs
Ooh, changing access levels would be a good idea! Captain level authorization to lift weapons restrictions if it's nukeop/blob or there's a significant militia to defend against a ling or something, med access, sec access, etc. Maybe Sec access should be restricted to the HoS's ID only, though.