Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghostdrone Wiki page clarifcations
Following observation of a discussion regarding what is and is not acceptable for Ghostdrones to do, fixing the results of bombing seeming to be a major point of contention, may I suggest that the Wiki's page be updated with some very clear clarifications of acceptable actions, as what is written there does not seem to match up with what some individuals expect of a Ghostdrone's permitted activities to be.

Examples of points of contention:-

Rule 1 - "The rub is in the "affairs" and "actions" bits. Essentially, this wall prevents you from influencing the outcome of the current round. Walling off a traitor's kudzu infestation and sealing a hellburn are both violations of law 1. Trying to destroy or unscrew a nuke is also against this law. So is helping humans by bringing meds to them or dragging away dangerous items like guns. Walling off a 3x3 area around someone and removing the floor so that the person suffocates to death is definitely breaking this law.

Blobs, Critters, AIs, and Cyborgs are living too. That means building walls around a blob or trying to fight a handspider is a violation of law 1. As is taking out the power cell of a rogue AI's chamber or changing their laws. As the pop-up says, while Wraiths and their revenants are technically not living, you still can't interfere in their affairs. So no salt piles for wraith-trapping or revenant-busting for you."

This, at least my reading and therefore possibly wrong, makes it seem like Ghostsdrones are not meant to actively interfere in the execution of an atagonist's plans, but not in the results of say, a bombing.

Being Mini-Me - "Don't use your magtractor unless you really need it. Look out for the orange breach carts that lie about the station, they contain most of the items you need. Drag that around if there's a particularly nasty bombing."

This directly contradicts the idea that a Ghostdrone should not fix antagonist bombings by very clearly using the words "nasty bombing", and not for example "unfortunate accident" or "chemist explosion".

Overall I don't see an issue with Ghostdrones being restricted from fixing up a TTV or the like bombing, but it needs to be very clear on the wiki as this is where I, and I assume a lot of other players, will get their knowledge of how to play roles from.
I kinda think we should overhaul ghost drones in general.

When they were first added we were still experimenting with a post death role and had more restrictions on the idea, which were backed away from with ghost critters

I kinda think drones should have more of an impact on a round, but at the same time be less easy to play
That seems fair. If they were only essentially in an Alpha or Beta state, then revamping overall seems reasonable.