Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huk/Heiraphont
Dauntasa Wrote:So maybe I'm a huge retard

hi don't do this jesus christ
Lots of things make the round more interesting. The wizard himself is meant to make the round more interesting. Letting the AI ignore its rules would make the round more interesting. Making everyone a traitor would make the round more interesting. It's not done because without some contrast as to who are and aren't the bad guys makes being a bad guy meaningless.

There's a reason mindslaves exist. It's not just as a means to tell a player, "You may now murder." It's to tell the player that they are now a traitor, in service to another traitor, and are allowed to do all the many things that a traitor can do.

If anyone CAN help a traitor, anyone WILL help a traitor. That is just the nature of our playerbase. Nothing wrong with it, but we do the need the rule to define who should be handing out dangerous ass chemicals and who shouldn't.

But let's say, just for future references, you have an idea you think might make the round more interesting but also be skirting that line of breaking the rules. Adminhelp. Ask. "Hi, I know there's a rule about helping traitors, but can I...?" THAT would have solved all of this.

edit: I think it's also worth pointing out that not everyone seemed to be enjoying the way the breaking this particular rule was enhancing the round, considering the entire situation was brought to my attention by the adminhelps of several players complaining that the wizard was being helped by Chemistry.
Dauntasa Wrote:Also the whole "Don't help bad guys" rule seems like it's hardly ever actually enforced even in cases where people are literally feeding stunned, helpless victims to changelings in order to appease them like some evil volcano god.

That person might have been a traitor, if not it should have been reported.

The, 'Don't help bad guys' rule is exactly what it says; Don't give antagonists lethal weapons or harm members of the crew to help the antagonist in the shift. Now if you are a member of Security and caught an antagonist early in the shift, then there is nothing wrong with letting the antagonist go after you checked him for weapons and contraband. If a new traitor who does not realize he's spawning his items in the middle of a hallway is spotted by you, it is fine to ignore it because it really he wouldn't be that successful. These examples are in a way helping antagonists, but its not breaking the rules because you are not actively helping a traitor in the same way a mindslave, or other antagonist would.