Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
make batons dropped from securitrons start with size 100 cells
It's not so hard to kill a securitron. Printing and murdering one gives you a juicy stun baton. Just have to recharge it. I don't really like that stun batons are able to be acquired outside of security or an officer, they're pretty good. Not sure how other people feel about it.

I think it would make stun batons taken from securitrons a bit less powerful; 100 charge is enough to strip/murder someone if you're not interrupted. 200 charge gives you a lot more freedom, that's 2 or 3 fights before you have to recharge. I'd like it if those were restricted to security. You can still get more batons, or even find or make a bigger cell, but that takes storage space or time.
No, they should spawn with an unlimited cell.
After all, the securitrons don't need to recharge, do they?
If you can inconspicuously murder Beepsky without attracting Security to you in any way AND can find a charger without raising suspicion, either you need that 200 or you kind of deserve having it.
I coulda swore they already started with 100 energy cells.
Technature, the issue is when people don't murder beepsky - you can print a securitron anywhere, say, at the faint signal's robotics fabricator, then kill it and nobody's the wiser - and you can easily set up obstacles to make it a trivial feat. There's a couple of inconspicious chargers, too, including a few offstation ones.
Cargo, for example, has chargers for their cargo teleporters.

Guess who can print as many securitrons as the budget will allow? And who's the primary target of any Revolutionary round?
I like this alot. I think it's a good and fair nerf that establishes a difference between legitimately retrieved stun batons and illegitimate ones.
That's a fair point I guess.
Killing beepsky also really isn't hard. Hit him, take two steps away, repeat. He'll never baton you once.
Killing Beepsky isn't the hard part.

It's doing it without raising suspicion.
I kill the medbay bot nearly every time I go into medbay and nobody cares
The medbay bot is useless. It just stands there, and if you dare to take your ID off, it will slap you (if you have any weapons).
(03-14-2020, 05:43 PM)Technature Wrote: Killing Beepsky isn't the hard part.

It's doing it without raising suspicion.

What is this suspicion you speak of? There have been a number of times where I literally just duck into cargo with the QMs there, print a securitron, kill it, and charge the baton in the charger. No one seems to give a crap unless they're the territorial type that doesn't want you in cargo to begin with. Or I just go to escape and kill the securitron because no one hangs out there and then pop into QM just for the charging. Batons are easy to get even on station. Get yourself arrested and you get free cuffs too without any hacking.
Seriously?

Cause I even so much as touch beepsky and people start shouting traitor if it's not clearly emagged.
Maybe you just act particularly suspicious? Are you laughing deviously and twirling your fake moustache while doing this?