Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Have the Aurora MkII utility belt hold the RCD as a special exception
The Chief Engineer spawns with a cool belt and a bunch of RCD matter, as well as an RCD. Since most CEs aren't going to wear a backpack for obvious reasons, there is no space for these items. Would it really make so little sense lorewise if the Aurora belt made specifically for CEs had a slot for the RCD made specifically for CEs? Maybe even an RCD matter slot, or make the matter a tiny/small item. As of right now the size of the RCD items is only a massive annoyance and not an interesting gameplay mechanic at all and I think it needs the QoL treatment.
I can't see any reason not to wear a backpack as CE. this really hasn't ever been an issue for me.

that said, letting the aurora belt hold a ton of spare RCD ammo could be neat, if that functionality replaces the weird shield ability
Please don't remove the shield ability. It's a neat and rarely actually-used (besides the passives) little thing that I think is good to have a couple of, partially for that "trying to find a good opportunity to use it" factor.

I believe the obvious reasons is because the belt holds most of what they need, and so they probably usually put on a non-pocket airtank.
Yeah, I don't know why a ce wouldn't wear a backpack. But I agree it feels right that the aurora belt should hold the rcd. I guess it technically is a buff, but I dunno the rcd *belongs* to the CE and so does the belt. It should be able to hold the rcd.
Letting the belt hold RCD and its ammo sounds like a good idea and shouldn't be overpowered, I don't think. Added.