Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Change] AI Radio Click to Track Changes
AI Radio Click to Track Changes

Changes AI Radio Click to Track to be based on heard name, not on a direct ref to the mob

Why?

To let the stealthier antagonist abilities shine without having to worry about AIs being able to track them perfectly

Examples

Person speaks and the radio shows that person's name and there's only one person by that name
Old: Auto track that person
New: No Change

Person speaks and the radio does not show that person's name but there's one person with that name
Old: Auto track the speaker, regardless of name
New: Auto track the wrong person, using the name match

Person speaks and there's more than one person with the heard name
Old: Auto track the speaker, regardless of multiple potential speakers
New: Give a list of creatures with that name and prompt the AI to pick which one to track

Person speaks on the radio, then later changes their name or appearance with a disguise or mutagen
Old: You can scroll back to any time that person has spoken and unerringly track their new persona
New: You track that person's old name, failing to track if that name cannot be found on camera

prpr: UM-2020-004
https://github.com/goonstation/goonstation-2020/pull/56
Sweet.
As an avid AI player I can't believe that I'm gonna say this, but, I like this patch. Sadly it makes the AI a lil less useful which it already is arguable as to how useful it can be (in some situations super useful, in others, not so much), but this does make things more balanced.
Excellent! For anybody who isn't aware yet, this substantially helps a mimic voice using ling not get caught right off the bat, and in fact helps it throw suspicion even better.
anything that improves voice mimicking etc. is welcome
merged