Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Make holy water turn into normal water when inside the same container as smoke powder
(also aerosol propellant and fluorosurfactant but I couldn't fit it in the title)

Why? Chemistry nerds are godless heathens, that's why. (and also because it's a risk-free, instant way to check if everyone in the room is a vampire)
since holy water has some useful effects on normal humans, i wouldn't want to block it from being smoked. maybe the effect that holywatersmoke has on a vampire could be changed?
(03-08-2020, 08:19 PM)mbc Wrote: since holy water has some useful effects on normal humans, i wouldn't want to block it from being smoked. maybe the effect that holywatersmoke has on a vampire could be changed?

New chem: slightly-less-holy water.
Do we have much in the way of clothing that protects from splash effects? Like, biosuits for instance should be chemical impervious, blocking effects like holy water or acids
This seems like a kneejerk reaction. Holy water smoke/foam/oldsmoke is rarely used due to the irritatingly to obtain nature of holy water. If anyone is going to put in the excessive effort it takes to produce enough of it to actually use in this manner, I feel like they've earned it.

Besides which, it's funny as hell to watch a bat zoom by screaming on every tile as it hits "Water" smoke.
Laugh
Holy water is really easy to make though? Water, Wine and Mercury.

I never really felt like holy water smoke was a huge issue, though. Usually I just saw it being used in extinguishers and stuff. I feel like smoking it would pretty much only be an issue on the shuttle, and by that point the vampire probably has lots of blood/can realy on their zombies to do stuff.
does holy water deal flat or scaling damage on application?

if it is scaling damage, then really the only thing you need to worry about with smoke is that it reveals you as a vampire, which sucks, but vampire isn't really a stealth antagonist to begin with, and it's probably the second best eqipped antagonist to deal with being revealed
It is scaling, I believe around 1.25 burn per unit applied? It also removes that much blood, I think, but I forget if its ingest only or not.
(03-11-2020, 06:50 AM)Trustworthy Wrote: It is scaling, I believe around 1.25 burn per unit applied? It also removes that much blood, I think, but I forget if its ingest only or not.

In that case I think just nerfing holy waters effect on vamps is a better route

Just having it ignite them would be enough, since it would both reveal them and require them to take care of the fire

Also, holy water can be obtained in mass easily through botany through extraction in garlic
Smoked holy water destroys vampires; even a fire extinguisher with holy water melts them. Holy water/smoke in a flamer reminds me of tf2 pyro spy checking. I feel like vampires need that giant weakness though, they're the hardest antag to catch with their bat form and stun resistance and more.
Last I checked, a thrown pitcher of holy water is enough to pretty much obliterate a vampire from giving any meaningful resistance to being murdered.

Holy water is not hard to get. The bar can make you like 600 units in under a minute easily. Any antagonist with a relatively easily made chem are EXTREMELY weak to chems. See: Acids on wizards, Holy Water on vampires, Phlog/napalm/why are there so many fire chems on changelings, salt on wraiths.

The salt example is a little bit off the mark, but in general, if a glass full of any of these makes contact with their intended target type, that person is dead in like at least 90% of cases. The issue is that holy water is the odd one out because it doesn't also murderate anyone else who isn't bad in it.

Either holy water needs to be harder to get, do less, or have an effect that would discourage someone from smoking or foaming it over non-antags.
I mean, I've never seen holy water be abused as bad as people are claiming in this thread. It has the capacity to be abused real bad, but it isn't, and vampires do need a hard counter. They're even better at escaping than wizards, because they can bat form with no blood(after unlocking it of course), but a wiz cant teleport with no hat. People are generally pretty good at not abusing things, and if they're consistently a no fun shitter who holy water smokes everyone as soon as someone even mentions the word vamp, you can ahelp them and hope they get sploded. Holy water is fine as is, in my opinion.
I always wanted holywater to only be able to be made with the chaplain blessing it.
(03-11-2020, 05:55 PM)KikiMofo Wrote: I always wanted holywater to only be able to be made with the chaplain blessing it.

There's reasons why it shouldn't be limited that I can't say
SR isn't secret.