Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Pods make people stop floating away in space.
As a traitor I tried to space people. I was successful in forcing two people to float away but using the space pod to bump people forward made them stop dead in space.
The pod doesn't act like a person, it acts like an object. If you push a crate or locked locker into someone, it doesn't move them forward, same thing with a pod. When you move the pod directly beside them, the game sees that there is an immovable object beside them, and stops their motion through space, same way if they flew too close to an asteroid or wall. Not a bug, just how the game works.
seems like kind of an easy fix though?

there is a proc that checks when things bump into one another,
just have it check-- are you in space?
does the object that hit you have inertia of its own?
if so, apply inertia in the direction opposite of where the object came from
For some reason I can foresee this turning into another way shitheads with pods can grief. People who are in a spacesuit with only an 02 tank and hugging walls will now have to worry about people ramming a pod up their ass and spacing them, however I would like to be able to shove people with pods so I can rescue spaced bodies from the scrap field by nudging em into wormholes.
People rarely run around the edge of the ship because they can usually find a pod. And pushing corpses in wormholes will probably gib them.

Though I can see this being funny, and being used for good and evil. I like it.
mozi Wrote:seems like kind of an easy fix though?

there is a proc that checks when things bump into one another,
just have it check-- are you in space?
does the object that hit you have inertia of its own?
if so, apply inertia in the direction opposite of where the object came from

lol