Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Make clothing infusion even somewhat balanced
[Image: NYwMImn.png]

Hello, welcome to part three of my TED X talk. In this essay, I will try to explain why putting stimpack infused clothing on yourself to stop yourself from being stunned that also fills up your entire reagent container is stupid. Okay, essay finished.

I'd honestly be for a triple whammy of severely nerfing the amount of chems these things can dump into you, making the item itself deplete its own chems, and adding a hard whitelist so people don't have to suffer through turbonerdery for even a single round involving this system that hardly anyone even understands or knows exists.

But, as with the other threads, post ideas.
I wholheartedly disagree with your proposition. A whitelist for the chems being able to be used kinda takes the whole fun out of infusions.

Let me tell you about a story - a rare day on GOON,...
I am a miner on the map CLARION! :o
I am also a TRAITOR and wanted to do something really fun - so what do I do? I spent the next 20-40 minutes searching for a STARSTONE asteroid on the quantum telescope and find one before the round is over - so that makes me happy.
This humble beeing of me also proceeds to grab a flask of pancorium from a hacked medical dispenser-thing.
In the end I essentialy produced two pacorium infused characoal suits and my main TRAITOR weapon is a SYNDICATE CARGO-TRANSPORTER.

So - where did the fun begin?

Scrubbo talked to people. Write to them and asked them to participate in my research - and they did! They put on the suits themselves. I waited for a few seconds. Made sure my other TRAITOR-ITEM - the RADIO SILENCER - was working...proceeded to take the suit of their body as not to lose it and them send them to outer space after packing them into some-kind-of-container.
My victims did the killing for me - without them knowing.
Was I power-gaming? Sure as hell not...was I trying to be an inovative TRAITOR? Yes.

The round continued with many fun moments by finding a rag-tag team of at least 2-3 other TRAITORS and joining them.

Aside that - the point is - there are so many chems. So many cool stuff one could use and most stuff is not even that powerful. A taser will knock you out any day - any way - anyway - that is my view on this.

Keep the infusion system as it is. Do not downgrade it.
We all know that this thread exists only because stims infused jumpsuits were abused lately

So if someone would be massively exploiting one certain chem you wouldn't nerf chem dispenser, you would nerf the chem, same thing applies here

Don't nerf infusions, dumb infusions are fun and are underused. Nerf stimulants indead. Just giving them overdose penalty would fix the exploit. OD resulting in permastun would keep people from doing this

Also, I remember the round GORE mentioned, I was one of the victims, well played
Heh, no. Clothing actually works as intended and it doesn't need to broken somehow, instead tool/weapon infusions need work.

As with these problems... Starstone is so incredibly rare and stimulants an equally rare-ish traitor item that it shouldn't be an issue. And if it really is then you can hit the person with straight and instant lethals and mob them, stims can not outpace continued mass damage. Colonel/charcoal are also good options to clear their system as well as it not stopping nor removing prions or nanomachines, which aren't hard to get.

And if all else fails you can resort to Insta-gib tactics like bombs or the crusher.
I think that the issue presented here (this was at least in part to a specific incident, involving multiple stim-infused items and a stapled c-saber arm iirc) was the ability to *fill* the reagent container with stims, granting both permastim and (near) immunity to most chem-based countermeasures, leaving instagibbing as the only option. Just to provide some context.
I do believe that an OD threshold for stims wouldn't hurt, especially if it was set to a value that you are unlikely to get to without this kind of shenanigans (100u+).
Whoa, hold on.

You tell me there is a rare material (starstone) that can effectively inject an unlimited amount of some reagent into it's wearer?
Ok, it's a rare material... so, yeah. This can go wrong in many different ways. I just hope it's hard to get.

And if you use a traitor-only chemical (stimulants) with it, this will prevent you from suffering the withdrawal, effectifly granting infinite stun resistance?
Sounds fine too. A bit overpowered, but hey, it's starstone. What did you expect from a magical reagent duplicator?
I can see a few other interesting ideas there: Put it on a monkey and draw it's blood.

Starstone sounds crazy. But hey, if someone pulls that stuff off, great for them. You loose. Happens.

To be fair: If this happens every week, THEN I would think about it being OP. But a once in a lifetime event?
That's like complaining about the (real life) lottery. "It made by biggest enemy super rich, there is no way I could earn that much money in my entire lifetime". Yeah. Get over it. Happens.
You can pretty reliably get a starstone asteroid or two every round if you're mining.