Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweak player monkeys to be less annoying to deal with
[Image: 6yXOATR.png]

With that said this isn't directed at any player in particular it's just that I and others on Discord seem to agree that it's not fun to deal with a monkey player who either 1. is an actual antagonist or 2. has decided to just be as much of a shit as possible and use their monkey status to avoid being caught or punished in any way.

Suggestions thrown up on Discord were:

1. Make monkeys crawl over tables instead of under them

2. Make monkeys move more slowly around tables

3. Probably some other things that people should post here, thanks, so we can remember them because I am not scrolling up through #spaceman-discussion
Disabling their ability to go under/over reinforced tables & adding slidey windows would help a lot too.
I think restricting what they can wear would be good enough. Human sized jumpsuits and backpacks have no reason to fit a monkey, only hats make sense. I think this would be an appropriate measure without affecting stuff like monkey NPC's being test subjects for chemistry
I think munkys are fine - sure recently there might have been a spike of recognizable munky players - but nevertheless those hairy little brats are not too bad.
If you got a nice AI at your disposal feel free to tell the AI player to lockdown the munky if possible. Munkys are no longer regarded as human and so you can retaliate against a bad munky with the full force of doors on the station.

Make a munky slip and stun it.

Lock a munky down.

Place...banana peels ON tables?

Ask your pal the MD for his support via the tranquilizer rifle.

Man - make it fun.
I think my biggest problem with them is sprites and tables... even if you manage to stun a monkey under a table, it's incredibly difficult to pixel hunt for their sprite to grab/pull them out and using the right+click menu shouldn't be a necessary for that situation. If there was some way to maybe like on grab intent, force a stunned monkey/critter to be pulled out from under the table or something so it's not so annoying, I think that would fix a number of current problems with them.
How about an additonal hotkey?
Same can be said about humans stunned in bushes. It is annoying as fuck to deal with those too.

So when normal pull is ctrl+left-click - why not make pulling one person from a tile being pulled ctrl+shift+left-click? It could also have a small activation bar...but really fast in that sense. What about that?
If a monkey player is being a shit just kill them. I follow the Cluwne rules when it comes to monkey and critter players.